This Week’s COVID313 Town Hall Features:
What will the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year look like as the nation works through another COVID-19 surge and a new Delta variant takes hold? Join the COVID313 Community Coalition partners for a town hall discussion filled with educational resources, guidance and tips to make sure families have a safe, productive school year.
Michigan State Superintendent Dr. Michael Rice and Michigan’s Chief Medical Executive Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, MD, join the town hall alongside mental health experts to discuss a range of topics from education, physical health, and how to maintain good mental health for parents and families. Plus, viewers can access a free downloadable toolkit filled with health-related and educational resources to help families of all ages to have an A+ school year with their children.
Detroit Public TV and the COVID313 Coalition partnered with the Michigan Learning Channel to bring this town hall statewide, offering families an opportunity to hear directly from leaders and ask their own school-related questions. Parents from across the state also joined in the conversation.
Town Hall Participants:
- Dr. Michael Rice, State Superintendent, State of Michigan
- Dr. Joneigh Khaldun, MD, Chief Medical Executive, State of Michigan
- Sarena Shivers, Deputy Executive Director of Professional Learning, Michigan Association of Superintendents & Administrators (MASA)
- Dr. Felix Valbuena, Chief Executive Officer, Community Health and Social Services Center (CHASS)
- Dr. Teena Chopra, MD, Corporate Medical Director & Hospital Epidemiology, Detroit Medical Center; Professor, Wayne State University
- Seth Hoopingarner, Principal, Ishpeming High School
- Patrick Watson, Superintendent, Bloomfield Hills Schools
- Krystal Armstrong, Clinical Director, The Children’s Center
Subscribe to One Detroit’s YouTube Channel to stay up to date with new COVID313 Virtual Town Hall stories, interviews and community updates.
Catch the daily conversations on our website, Facebook, Twitter @DPTVOneDetroit, and Instagram @One.Detroit.
View Past Episodes >
Livestream the COVID313 Virtual Town Halls bi-weekly, every other Thursday at 12 p.m. ET on Facebook and YouTube.