This Week’s COVID313 Town Hall Features:
How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted pre-school and early childhood care? And how might Michigan residents directly benefit from President Joe Biden’s Build Back Better Act?
This week on Detroit Public Television’s COVID313 Community Coalition Virtual Town Hall, Denise Smith, Jeremiah White and Shondra L. Marshall, of Hope Starts Here, a Detroit organization focused on early childhood partnerships, share how the childcare industry has adjusted to find new ways to support children’s learning at home, as well as the social and emotional needs of youth and childcare staff.
The Hope Starts Here representatives also share advice for families who want to enroll their child in-person learning, as well as resources for families who aren’t ready.
Town Hall Participants:
- Denise Smith, Implementation Director, Hope Starts Here
- Jeremiah White, Implementation Success Manager, Hope Starts Here
- Shondra L. Marshall, Implementation Policy & Research Manager, Hope Starts Here
- Bernita Bradley, Director of Outreach, Detroit Champions for Hope
- Rashida Tlaib, Michigan Congresswoman, U.S. House of Representatives
Subscribe to One Detroit’s YouTube Channel to stay up to date with new COVID313 Virtual Town Hall stories, interviews and community updates.