“American Black Journal” producer AJ Walker takes viewers to the Ralph C. Wilson Jr. Centennial Park groundbreaking to hear from the leaders responsible for bringing the park to reality. Plus, Walker takes viewers on a tour of what the park will look like and the activities available for families.Read More
News From Around Detroit
- Detroit mother heals through stories of departed sonby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Constance “Connie” Spight’s book, Dear Brandon: Letters to my Departed Son, was published in February through Archway Publishing.
- Transit options, impacts of pollution top focus in southwest Detroitby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
District 6 residents detailed barriers to transportation and other unfavorable conditions that disrupt their lives during a Tuesday night town hall hosted by BridgeDetroit and Detroit is Different.
- Legacy and opportunity are in abundance on Harper business stripby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Business owners in the area say the corridor is on the “up and up,” despite less attention from the city than they would like.
- District 5 residents want schools, object to ‘imposed’ developmentby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Besides a shortage of schools and rec centers, residents in Detroit’s District 5 say they are defensive about new development because they often feel that it’s done without their input.
- Death of young girl prompts weapons crackdown in violent neighborhoodsby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit police are targeting known violent offenders this week in sections of the city’s east and west side.
- How some states are moving to protect abortion access
As conservatives across the country celebrate the Supreme Court's decision to end the nationwide right to abortion, Democratic leaders are quickly moving to make sure they ensure access to reproductive care where state laws and politics allow it. Geoff Bennett speaks with California Attorney General Rob Bonta about his state's plan to preserve abortion access.
- News Wrap: Biden signs major gun safety legislation
In our news wrap Saturday, President Biden signed bipartisan gun legislation marking the most extensive move toward gun control in years. A federal court blocked the FDA from banning sales of Juul electronic cigarettes, which the agency says are marketed to promote smoking among young people.
- Aid workers struggle to reach quake victims in Afghanistan
More than eleven hundred people have died in the earthquake that devastated several regions of eastern Afghanistan. Ali Rogin reports on the challenges aid organizations are facing to make large deliveries of desperately-needed emergency supplies.