Apr 29, 2021
- How Muslim families are celebrating a second pandemic Ramadanon May 10, 2021
This week will mark the end of Ramadan, and even […]
- WATCH LIVE: Biden gives remarks on the economyon May 10, 2021
The Treasury Department on Monday launched its […]
- South Korea's Moon Jae-in hopes to restart N. Korean diplomacy with Bidenon May 10, 2021
The White House suggested the Biden […]
- Palestinians fear loss of family homes as evictions loomon May 10, 2021
It highlights an array of discriminatory policies […]
News from Bridge Detroit
- Why a successful lawyer became an advocate for Detroit neighborhood developmentby Louis Aguilar (Louis Aguilar | Bridge Detroit)
The city is majority Black. Real estate development is not. Chase Cantrell has a plan to change that.
- Effort underway to help mothers who can’t afford bailby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis | Bridge Detroit)
Detroiters are supporting #FreeBlackWomxn this Mother’s Day by contributing to the Bail Out Fund. Michigan Liberation and The Advancement Project are shifting views on incarceration by sharing photos and narratives in a new social media campaign while raising funds to send mamas home.
- Detroit to get $440M in federal aid. Now to figure out how to spend it.by Louis Aguilar (Louis Aguilar | Bridge Detroit)
Detroit will soon receive a huge federal check, thanks to the American Rescue Plan. How and what it can be spent on, however, remains unclear.
- Freedom ain’t free: A look at Detroit’s proposed City Charter changesby Orlando Bailey (Orlando Bailey | Bridge Detroit)
Authentically Detroit talks with Charter Commissioner Denzel McCampbell and television host Steve Hood about the Charter Commission’s proposed changes that will be before voters in August.
Latest News One Detroit
- WATCH: COVID313 Community Coalition Virtual Town Hall LiveEach Thursday at noon, join the COVID313 Community Coalition for Families and Students for a Virtual Townhall focused on supporting parents, students, and families during the Coronavirus outbreak.[Read Now]
- Stephen Henderson previews roundtable on police reform and s…
- Lt. Gov. Garlin Gilchrist on Vaccine Access and Vaccine Hesi…Christy McDonald talks with Lt. Governor Garlin Gilchrist about the challenges of vaccine access, addressing vaccination hesitation in the city of Detroit.[Read Now]
- A Program in Detroit Provides Urgently Needed Care for Careg…
- Can term limits be fixed? There’s a new idea underfootOne Detroit explains how term limits came to Michigan, just one of fifteen states that has them, and some of the problems attributed to the restrictions.[Read Now]