View all the One Detroit coverage of the COVID-19 crisis
- Gaylord's Iron Pig faces liquor license suspension, other penalties for reopeningby Petoskey News-Review (GANNETT Syndication Service)
The owners cited a "moral" and "fiduciary responsibility" to their employees, as well as concerns over their well-being and mental health.
- Freighter that ran aground in Detroit River has been freed as channel reopensby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Officials were able to free and refloat the Harvest Spirit freighter Thursday after it was stuck in the Detroit River's Livingstone Channel.
- Massive fire engulfs Toledo Beach Marina building with boats, million-dollar yacht insideby The Monroe News (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Smoke can be seen for miles drifting across Lake Erie as firefighters attempt to quell flames that have spread throughout the building.
- Michigan reports 8,689 new COVID-19 cases, 81 deaths Fridayby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
That brings the state's total to 389,032 confirmed cases and 9,661 confirmed deaths due to COVID-19 since March.
Latest News One Detroit
- How does a school have choir practice during a global pandem…Allyson Hahn from L'Anse Creuse High School in Harrison Charter Township, Michigan talks about choosing in-person learning amid the pandemic as a senior.[Read Now]
- COVID-19 beyond our bordersWe know about the new shutdown here at home. What’s happening just across our borders?[Read Now]
- Chalkbeat Detroit: Michigan’s most vulnerable students have …The students who need in-person instruction the most are among the least likely to get it, new Michigan data shows.[Read Now]
- Livernois Avenue of Fashion UpdateWill Glover checked in with some of the Livernois business owners to see how they are managing during a very challenging time.[Read Now]
- Robin Seymour: Robin and the MusicIf you grew up here in Detroit, chances are Robin Seymour narrated your musical memories as one of the most popular DJs starting in the 1950s. He passed away in April of this year, but his role in Detroit broadcasting history won’t be forgotten.[Read Now]
- From north to south pole, climate scientists grapple with pandemic disruptionson December 4, 2020
Researchers are working within the limitations […]
- As hospitals cope with a COVID-19 surge, cyber threats loomon December 4, 2020
The Vermont hospital had fallen prey to a […]
- U.S. imposes visas restrictions on more Chinese citizenson December 4, 2020
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says the […]
- Nissan pulls out of Trump emission standards fight with Californiaon December 4, 2020
The announcement Friday is another sign that a […]