- Experts, caregivers point to potential solutions at inaugural forum
- Challenges of Caregiving: An Evening of SolutionsWhether they are paid workers or family members, people who provide care for older adults face numerous challenges, from physical burdens and economic hardships to loneliness and depression. […]
- Bridge Michigan | Bangladeshi community in Michigan reaches out to older adults amid COVID
- A Program in Detroit Provides Urgently Needed Care for CaregiversAs more and more Americans take on the responsibility of caring for an aging family member, not enough caregivers are taking time care for themselves. […]
- Fixing In-home HealthcareOne Detroit's Bill Kubota looks into the critical shortage of home healthcare workers. […]
News from Bridge Detroit
- Detroit rec centers are open again, as residents rejoiceby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman | Bridge Detroit)
The City of Detroit reopened four of its recreation centers this week after closing them down 18 months ago amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Mackinac panelists: Reparations are the path to economic prosperityby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis | Bridge Detroit)
Equity experts joined the Mackinac Policy Conference to discuss how systemic racism has perpetuated the racial wealth gap in Michigan and how reparative policy can reverse those outcomes.
- Poll shows Michigan taxpayers willing to pay for children’s educationby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis | Bridge Detroit)
Support for education was a leading topic on the first day of the 2021 Mackinac Policy Conference. A recent poll supported by the Skillman Foundation shows Michiganders are willing to pay more in taxes for their children’s education.
- Preliminary investigation: GLWA not at fault for metro Detroit floodsby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis | Bridge Detroit)
Great Lakes Water Authority officials say they aren’t at fault for the floods that have plagued Detroit and some suburbs this summer, but they’re updating procedures anyway.
Latest News One Detroit
- WATCH: COVID313 Community Coalition Virtual Town Hall LiveEach Thursday at noon, join the COVID313 Community Coalition for Families and Students for a Virtual Townhall focused on supporting parents, students, and families during the Coronavirus outbreak.[Read Now]
- Detroit Public School Community District’s Reopening P…Detroit Public Schools has headed back to school and it comes as the country is seeing a spike in Covid cases.[Read Now]
- Michigan’s Great Return to School: A Statewide Townhall
- BridgeDetroit | Third dose of COVID vaccine available to Det…
- COVID313: First the downpour, then the sinkhole
- WATCH: Iraq president on 'national battle' against corruptionon September 24, 2021
Iraqi President Barham Salih on Thursday said his […]
- House Jan. 6 panel subpoenas Trump advisers, associateson September 24, 2021
The subpoenas are for former White House Chief of […]
- WATCH LIVE: 2021 United Nations General Assembly - Day 4on September 23, 2021
At a U.N. Security Council meeting Thursday, the […]
- How 'fits and starts' of booster science, rollout may affect U.S. vaccination goalson September 23, 2021
An advisory panel for the Centers for Disease […]