Tonight on One Detroit:
- Small Businesses Prep for Reopening: This week, Gov. Whitmer announced that restaurants, restaurants, and retail will be allowed to partially reopen in counties located in the Traverse City area and the UP. Christy talks with Brian Calley, former Lt. Governor and current President of the Small Business Association of Michigan, about the measures these businesses will need to take into consideration.
- Yum Village: One Detroit Associate Producer, Will Glover, catches up with Yum Village owner, Godwin Ihentuge, about the real challenges small businesses must tackle to open and speaks candidly about the future of the restaurant industry, especially when it comes to paying employees what they deserve.
- Roundtable: Christy, Stephen, and Nolan discuss how people’s daily patterns have changed at this point in the pandemic, trust of others when it comes to following public health guidelines, the state budget, and more.
- Can the Auto Industry Bounce Back? Auto workers started returning to plants this week to resume production. Christy talks with automotive journalist and Autoline host, John McElroy, about the prognosis of the automotive industry in MI, the potential for another auto bailout, and the continued challenges to diversifying Michigan’s economy.
- Belle Isle Aquarium’s Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches: You read that right. Aquariums across the country are getting creative, having their animals tour their spaces and sharing clips on social media. Detroit’s own Belle Isle Aquarium shared video of their own Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches checking out the space, designed by famed Detroit architect, Albert Kahn.
Watch One Detroit every Thursday and Monday at 7:30pm ET on Detroit Public TV.