Life Remodeled is a Detroit non-profit that deploys its sizeable volunteer corps to rejuvenate neighborhoods via an annual cleanup marathon. One Detroit associate producer, Will Glover, was on site to capture their efforts.
October 14, 2022
February 20, 2023
News From Around Detroit
- Eddystone an affordable housing win for ‘vastly incomplete’ District Detroitby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis, Author at BridgeDetroit)
The highly-criticized Eddystone development offers 19 affordable apartments as the behemoth of Ilitch-holdings in District Detroit maintains a financial hold over the community.
- Two members of reparations task force resign within first yearby Malachi Barrett and Orlando Bailey (Orlando Bailey, Author at BridgeDetroit)
There are three vacancies on Detroit’s first reparations committee after one member died and two others resigned.
- Art behind bars: U-M program is changing lives of Michigan inmatesby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Artwork from current and former inmates is on display through Sunday in the Free Your Mind: Art and Incarceration in Michigan exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit.
- With a new director coming soon, what’s the state of DDOT?by Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit Department of Transportation leader Mikel Oglesby is leaving at the close of October, prompting some advocates and union officials to worry about DDOT’s future. Oglesby and city leaders say plans will stay on track.
- Metro Detroit students start new school year with familiar challenges, fresh solutionsby Lily Altavena, Detroit Free Press, Orlando Bailey, Ethan Bakuli, Chalkbeat Detroit, Nour Rahal, Detroit Free Press and Micah Walker (Orlando Bailey, Author at BridgeDetroit)
The 2023-24 year marks the fourth full school year since the pandemic started, and offers the state’s public schools an opportunity to recalibrate academic recovery programs, tackle mental health issues, and address longstanding problems.
- Polish truck drivers' border blockade causes ripple effects on the battlefield in Ukraine
Ukrainian charities and companies supplying the war-torn country's military warn that problems are growing as Polish truck drivers show no sign of ending a border blockade that has stretched past a month.
- Shohei Ohtani agrees to sign record $700 million contract with Los Angeles Dodgers
Shohei Ohtani has set a financial record to go along with his singular on-field performance, getting a record $700 million to make a 30-mile move up Interstate 5 to the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- News Wrap: Texas high court grants AG Paxton's request to pause abortion ruling
In our news wrap Saturday, the Texas Supreme Court temporarily blocked a lower court's decision to allow a pregnant woman whose fetus has a fatal diagnosis to get an abortion, Israel hit targets across Gaza as its war with Hamas entered its third month, nations clashed at COP28 over reducing the use of fossil fuels, and baseball star Shohei Ohtani said he's signing with the Los Angeles Dodgers.