Bill Kubota reports on the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact – a way to make the popular vote count while maintaining the Electoral College when electing the President of the United States.Read More
Author: Michael Sellers
4/9/20: One Detroit – Roundtable / Oakland County / Educational Resources / Hand Sanitizer / Alexandra Silber
Apr 9, 2020
Christy, Nolan and Stephen talk about the devastating impact of COVID-19 in Detroit and Michigan.Read More
Apr 6, 2020
Stephen has a frank conversation about the connection between race, health and the COVID-19 pandemic. How are health disparities in urban cities like Detroit, New Orleans and Chicago contributing to the spread of the coronavirus?Read More
Apr 3, 2020
Christy talks with Detroit Public Schools Community District Superintendent Dr. Nikolai Vitti about how his district is working to make sure students don’t fall behind while schools are shut down for the remainder of the school year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.Read More
News From Around Detroit
- Michigan readies for impact of new COVID strain that could dominate the US by Marchby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Health officials are concerned about what the UK variant of COVID means for Michigan case numbers, hospitalizations and deaths.
- COVID-19 vaccine rollout a nightmare for Michigan teachers: 'I can't get through'by Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Teachers say they're having a hard time getting the COVID-19 vaccine because they were made eligible at the same time as another big group: the elderly
- Lansing protest over the presidential election proves to be a dudby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Fears of mayhem appeared overblown as protesters in Lansing who showed up in support of President Donald Trump were mostly quiet throughout. the day.
- Washtenaw County woman is Michigan's first known case of coronavirus variantby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
The woman had recently traveled to the United Kingdom, where the variant originated, and is now the only known case of B.1.1.7 in Michigan.
- Birmingham fire chief: Give us a shot at administering COVID-19 vaccine to city residentsby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
The fire chief/emergency manager in Birmingham has asked the state, county to allow paramedics to vaccinate its seniors, essential workers, residents.
- Israel trades Pfizer vaccine doses for medical data
Israel has struck a deal with Pfizer, promising to share vast troves of medical data with the international drug giant in exchange for the continued flow of its hard-to-get vaccine.
- Fossil fuel firms need to curb climate gas leaks, Watchdog says
The International Energy Agency says oil and gas companies aren't doing enough to reduce the release of methane, a potent source of planet-heating emissions.
- Inauguration rehearsal evacuated after fire in homeless camp
Officials said participants were evacuated from the West Front of the Capitol on Monday, after a fire in a homeless encampment.