Featured on One Detroit this Thursday: Detroit Filipino Supper Club co-founder Shane Bernardo cooks up connections to Filipino culture, history, and community by sharing traditional Filipino recipes that boil over with ancestral wisdom and the power to heal.Read More
Author: Michael Sellers
Oct 28, 2020
Bill Kubota reports on the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact – a way to make the popular vote count while maintaining the Electoral College when electing the President of the United States.Read More
4/9/20: One Detroit – Roundtable / Oakland County / Educational Resources / Hand Sanitizer / Alexandra Silber
Apr 9, 2020
Christy, Nolan and Stephen talk about the devastating impact of COVID-19 in Detroit and Michigan.Read More
Apr 6, 2020
Stephen has a frank conversation about the connection between race, health and the COVID-19 pandemic. How are health disparities in urban cities like Detroit, New Orleans and Chicago contributing to the spread of the coronavirus?Read More
Apr 3, 2020
Christy talks with Detroit Public Schools Community District Superintendent Dr. Nikolai Vitti about how his district is working to make sure students don’t fall behind while schools are shut down for the remainder of the school year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.Read More
News From Around Detroit
- Asphalt plant still can’t be built in Detroit because of pollution worriesby Jena Brooker and Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Grandmont-Rosedale residents came together to oppose an asphalt plant in their residential community – again.
- Detroit cops to deploy more cameras to ID vehiclesby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
The technology will enable crime center analysts to search by geographic area and by the make, model and body style of vehicles as well as the presence of racks or bumper stickers and vehicle history.
- Higher definition cameras could curb freeway shootings, Detroit chief saysby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
White said if the department gets access to higher quality freeway cameras, they would only be used to fight part one violent crimes, which includes fatal and non-fatal shootings.
- City Council wants driver bonuses, low-income fare for DDOT ridersby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
DDOT has held public input sessions in recent weeks to discuss how it should spend $51 million in federal rescue dollars.
- Detroit Parks and Rec is staffing up for summerby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
The City of Detroit’s Parks and Recreation department is hoping to hire Detroiters as lifeguards, play leaders and more for summer jobs in their neighborhoods.
- Trump pick Doug Mastriano wins Pennsylvania GOP primary
Doug Mastriano has won the Republican nomination for Pennsylvania governor, overcoming an eleventh-hour push by the state's GOP political establishment to consolidate support around an alternative in the crowded primary.
- Craig Greenberg wins Democratic nod for Louisville mayor soon after surviving shooting attempt
Craig Greenberg has won the Democratic primary for mayor of Louisville, months after surviving a shooting attempt at a campaign office.
- McGarvey wins Democrat nomination for U.S. House in Kentucky
Kentucky state Sen. Morgan McGarvey has won the Democratic nomination for the U.S. House seat being vacated by Democratic Rep. John Yarmuth.