NABJ “DIVERSITY IN THE D” TOWN HALL FORUM- Highlights from the National Association of...Read More
Author: Michael Sellers
8/09/18: 2018 MICHIGAN PRIMARY / GOVERNOR’S RACE / PINK WAVE OF WOMEN / CONGRESSIONAL RACES / U.S. SENATE RACE
Aug 9, 2018
Tonight on MiWeek: 2018 MICHIGAN PRIMARY – Voters turned out in droves for Michigan’s...Read More
Aug 7, 2018
Tonight on MiWeek: GUBERNATORIAL RACE- As the Michigan Primary nears, the MiWeek roundtable...Read More
Aug 3, 2018
On the next American Black Journal, The New Economy Initiative has launched a new program that...Read More
Jul 26, 2018
On the next American Black Journal, Detroit’s Trinity International Film Festival –...Read More
News From Around Detroit
- Detroit mother heals through stories of departed sonby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Constance “Connie” Spight’s book, Dear Brandon: Letters to my Departed Son, was published in February through Archway Publishing.
- Transit options, impacts of pollution top focus in southwest Detroitby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
District 6 residents detailed barriers to transportation and other unfavorable conditions that disrupt their lives during a Tuesday night town hall hosted by BridgeDetroit and Detroit is Different.
- Legacy and opportunity are in abundance on Harper business stripby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Business owners in the area say the corridor is on the “up and up,” despite less attention from the city than they would like.
- District 5 residents want schools, object to ‘imposed’ developmentby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Besides a shortage of schools and rec centers, residents in Detroit’s District 5 say they are defensive about new development because they often feel that it’s done without their input.
- Death of young girl prompts weapons crackdown in violent neighborhoodsby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit police are targeting known violent offenders this week in sections of the city’s east and west side.
- Is abortion illegal in your state? A comprehensive guide
Here is an overview of abortion legislation and the expected impact of the court's decision in every state.
- Abortion ruling pushes businesses to confront divisive politics
A lot is at stake for companies, many of which have publicly pledged to promote women's equality and advancement in the workplace.
- 8 things to know about the gun violence bill
Highlights of the bipartisan gun violence bill that President Joe Biden signed on Saturday: Expanded background checks: State and local juvenile and mental health records of gun purchasers will be part of federal background checks for buyers age 18 to 20. Three-day maximum for gathering records will be lengthened to up to 10 days to search juvenile data. If 10 days lapse without a resolution, the sale will go through. "Boyfriend loophole": Convicted domestic violence...