If how you touch the lives of other people is in any a measure of a good life, then Swanson Funeral Home founder O’Neil D. Swanson lived a good life and we are all the better for it.Read More
Author: Michael Sellers
Mar 28, 2020
Christy McDonald speaks with Dr. Howard Markel, Director of the Center for the History of Medicine at the University of Michigan, about the historical context of pandemics.Read More
3/29/20: American Black Journal – Small Business / Detroit neighborhoods / Remembering Marlowe Stoudamire
Mar 27, 2020
Stephen has a frank conversation with Pastor Barry Randolph of Detroit’s Church of the Messiah on how the outbreak is impacting residents in city neighborhoods.Read More
Mar 26, 2020
Christy talks with Ron Bartell, owner of Kuzzo’s Chicken & Waffles on Livernois Avenue, about how the coronavirus outbreak is affecting his business and how he is adapting to being a carryout and delivery only restaurant.Read More
News From Around Detroit
- Michigan readies for impact of new COVID strain that could dominate the US by Marchby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Health officials are concerned about what the UK variant of COVID means for Michigan case numbers, hospitalizations and deaths.
- COVID-19 vaccine rollout a nightmare for Michigan teachers: 'I can't get through'by Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Teachers say they're having a hard time getting the COVID-19 vaccine because they were made eligible at the same time as another big group: the elderly
- Lansing protest over the presidential election proves to be a dudby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Fears of mayhem appeared overblown as protesters in Lansing who showed up in support of President Donald Trump were mostly quiet throughout. the day.
- Washtenaw County woman is Michigan's first known case of coronavirus variantby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
The woman had recently traveled to the United Kingdom, where the variant originated, and is now the only known case of B.1.1.7 in Michigan.
- Birmingham fire chief: Give us a shot at administering COVID-19 vaccine to city residentsby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
The fire chief/emergency manager in Birmingham has asked the state, county to allow paramedics to vaccinate its seniors, essential workers, residents.
- WATCH LIVE: 'Field of Flags' lighting ceremony honors U.S. states and territories ahead of Biden's inauguration
After President-elect Joe Biden asked Americans to stay home for his inauguration, the "Field of Flags" is meant to represent the American people who are unable to travel to the Capitol to celebrate his swearing-in.
- Kremlin foe Alexei Navalny jailed for 30 days; allies plan protests
A Russian judge has ordered to jail opposition leader Alexei Navalny for 30 days after the leading Kremlin critic returned to Russia from Germany where he was recovering from nerve agent poisoning he blames on the Kremlin.
- Israel trades Pfizer vaccine doses for medical data
Israel has struck a deal with Pfizer, promising to share vast troves of medical data with the international drug giant in exchange for the continued flow of its hard-to-get vaccine.