If how you touch the lives of other people is in any a measure of a good life, then Swanson Funeral Home founder O’Neil D. Swanson lived a good life and we are all the better for it.Read More
Author: Michael Sellers
Mar 28, 2020
Christy McDonald speaks with Dr. Howard Markel, Director of the Center for the History of Medicine at the University of Michigan, about the historical context of pandemics.Read More
3/29/20: American Black Journal – Small Business / Detroit neighborhoods / Remembering Marlowe Stoudamire
Mar 27, 2020
Stephen has a frank conversation with Pastor Barry Randolph of Detroit’s Church of the Messiah on how the outbreak is impacting residents in city neighborhoods.Read More
Mar 19, 2020
We learn how the River Rouge school district is providing students with food and learning materials while schools are shut down in wake of the coronavirus outbreak.Read More
News From Around Detroit
- Detroit mother heals through stories of departed sonby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Constance “Connie” Spight’s book, Dear Brandon: Letters to my Departed Son, was published in February through Archway Publishing.
- Transit options, impacts of pollution top focus in southwest Detroitby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
District 6 residents detailed barriers to transportation and other unfavorable conditions that disrupt their lives during a Tuesday night town hall hosted by BridgeDetroit and Detroit is Different.
- Legacy and opportunity are in abundance on Harper business stripby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Business owners in the area say the corridor is on the “up and up,” despite less attention from the city than they would like.
- District 5 residents want schools, object to ‘imposed’ developmentby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Besides a shortage of schools and rec centers, residents in Detroit’s District 5 say they are defensive about new development because they often feel that it’s done without their input.
- Death of young girl prompts weapons crackdown in violent neighborhoodsby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit police are targeting known violent offenders this week in sections of the city’s east and west side.
- Amid horrors of war, Ukrainians celebrate their country's EU candidacy
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy hailed the decision of EU leaders as vindication for his nation's fight against Russia's aggression.
- UK voters reject Conservatives in two special elections, a blow to Boris Johnson
The contests, triggered by the resignation of Conservatives hit by scandals, offered voters the chance to give their verdict on the prime minister just weeks after 41 percent of his own MPs cast their ballots against him.
- WATCH: Pelosi says Supreme Court abortion decision is 'eviscerating Americans' rights'
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi blasted the Supreme Court's ruling Friday overturning of Roe v. Wade, calling it "an evisceration of Americans' rights" and a "slap in the face of women."