This Week’s COVID313 Town Hall Features:
This week’s COVID313 Town Hall includes a conversation led by a panel of Detroit youth, sharing their mental health and wellness needs – plus presentations from community partners and mental health services organizations, sharing vital resources and how to access them. We will also address domestic abuse and dating violence and ways to get help.
First, Tracy Gallardo, a mental health specialist at Urban Neighborhood Initiatives, discusses the importance of mental health. After youth researcher from Local Circles, Takeisha, shares her research findings regarding teen mental health throughout the pandemic.
Next, Mental Health Advocates Alma Varela and Kathleen Longoria from Urban Neighborhood Initiatives discuss normalizing mental health, followed by a representative from 482 Forward shares their campaign to win $100M in support of school counselors.
After that, Riley with La Vida Partnership discusses youth mental health and teen dating violence.
Town Hall Participants:
- Tracy Gallardo, mental health specialist at Urban Neighborhood Initiatives
- Takeisha, Youth Researcher with Local Circles
- Mental Health Advocates Alma Varela and Kathleen Longoria, from Urban Neighborhood Initiate
- 428 Forward Youth Organizing Collective
- Riley Diggins, intern at La Vida Partnership