Detroit Public TV, CAAM, Vincent Chin 40th Remembrance & Rededication Committee and Other Community Partners Host Events June 16-19, 2022 for 40th Anniversary of Vincent Chin’s Murder
In commemoration of the 40th anniversary of Chin’s death, a series of Remembrance & Rededication activities, organized in a partnership between the American Citizens for Justice, the Vincent and Lily Chin Estate, Detroit Public Television (DPTV), Center for Asian American Media (CAAM), and City of Detroit Arts, Culture and Entrepreneurship (ACE) department, are scheduled to take place in Detroit and throughout the United States.
The full slate of June 16-19, 2022 Vincent Chin 40th Rededication and Remembrance Events includes:
- The Vincent Chin 40th Commemorative Film Series
- The Midwest Asian American Documentary Filmmakers Covening
- A National Conversation on AAPIs, America and Democracy
- An Evening of Asian American Arts, Music and Joy
- Community Dialogues: Remembrance and Rededication
- An Interfaith Remembrance Ceremony
View One Detroit’s Full Coverage of the AAPI Community Across Southeast Michigan at www.onedetroitpbs.org/aapi/
Subscribe to One Detroit’s YouTube Channel & Don’t miss One Detroit Mondays and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.
Watch One Detroit every Monday and Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET on Detroit Public TV on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.