Fall is here, and there’s so much to do around Metro Detroit!
From Eastern Market after Dark to Disney on Ice and the D-Town Harvest Festival, plus more ways to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month and more—check out everything you can do around town this weekend and beyond on “One Detroit Weekend” with Dave Wagner of 90.9 WRCJ.
List of upcoming events:
- Explore Eastern Market under the lights at Eastern Market After Dark, the signature event of Detroit Month of Design. The annual event features a night market, open studio galleries, retailers, brand activations, live music and more.
- Havana Nights @ Vincente’s offers another way to celebrate Cuban culture during Hispanic Heritage Month—with Cuban cuisine, dance lessons, and music to fill the evening.
- Kids and parents can discover their inner hero at Disney on Ice: Find Your Hero through Sept. 24 at Little Caesars Arena. Join Disney princesses including Moana, Elsa, Belle and enjoy the iconic music, costumes, world class ice skating, and entertainment.
- 1970s Funk and underground R&B pioneers The Ohio Players are coming to Detroit, and will grace the mainstage at the Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts on Sept. 23 at 8 p.m.
- Enjoy live music, food, and fresh produce at the 17th annual D-Town Harvest Festival presented by the Detroit Black Community Food Sovereignty Networkat D-Town Farm on West Outer Drive on Sept. 23-24.
- Spider-Man and Miles Morales fans can enjoy this special concert event at The Fisher Theatre. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Live in Concert takes place on Sept. 24 at 3:00 p.m. The concert will pair a screening of the award-winning animated film with live musicians and turntables, plus a DJ scratcher onstage performing the movie’s score which combines hip hop and orchestral music.
- Little Amal, a 12-foot puppet symbolizing the global cause of human rights, makes her way to Metro Detroit as part of her 6,000-mile journey across the country, making stops in various Metro Detroit locations from Sept. 23-27.
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra Maestro Jader Bignamini kicks off the 2023-2024 season with a rousing performance of Tchaikovsky’s Violin Concerto on Sept. 28 and 29—featuring American violinist Gil Shaham.
Subscribe to One Detroit’s YouTube Channel and don’t miss One Detroit on Mondays and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.
Watch One Detroit Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. ET on Detroit Public TV on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.