Halloween is almost here, but the spooky good times have already started in Southeast Michigan. From the Monster’s Ball at the Russell Industrial Center to Treats in the Streets at the Detroit Historical Museum, Zoo Boo at the Detroit Zoo, the region has several seasonal offerings for you and the family. Check out what you can do around metro Detroit this weekend and into next week on “One Detroit Weekend” with contributor Dave Wagner of 90.9 WRCJ.
List of Upcoming Events:
- Grab your favorite Halloween costume and get ready to party at the Monster’s Ball Detroit at the Russell Industrial Center for a 21+ event filled with live DJs, dancing and more.
- Head over to the Marquis Theatre for the Michigan Philharmonic’s Phright concert for some ghostly tunes and musicians, including WRCJ’s Dave Wagner, wearing their favorite costumes.
- Find more tricks than treats at the Detroit Historical Museum’s Treats in the Streets, featuring hot cider, donuts, live performances, and accommodations for sensory processing differences.
- Don’t miss the last Zoo Boo weekend at the Detroit Zoo for animals, festive pumpkin displays and street performances. Plus, find all the trick-or-treat spots throughout the park.
- Experience the magic and eeriness of Glenlore Trails, a haunted forest where lights and pumpkins aren’t the only things lurking around the corner. The trails are open through October 29.
- Learn to draw like the greats from the Dutch golden age at the Detroit Institute of Arts’ Drawing in the Galleries free series. All supplies are provided, but capacity is limited.
- Check out Laura Letinsky and Beth Lipman’s “Shifting Frequencies” exhibition at Wasserman Projects. The exhibit is open through Dec. 16.
- Don’t miss Dance Theatre of Harlem’s return to Detroit, gracing the Detroit Opera House stage on Oct. 21-22 for the third stop of the dance troupe’s much-anticipated 2023-2024 U.S. tour.
Subscribe to One Detroit’s YouTube Channel and don’t miss One Detroit on Mondays and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.
Watch One Detroit Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. ET on Detroit Public TV on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.