It’s St. Patrick’s Day weekend, which means there’s plenty of fun arts, culture, music and family-friendly activities to experience in Southeast Michigan this weekend.
Get your calendars ready— One Detroit contributors Peter Whorf and Dave Wagner of 90.9 WRCJ share some St. Patrick’s Day events and other events happening around metro Detroit during the March 17 weekend and into next week on “One Detroit Weekend.”
List of Upcoming Events:
- Celebrate the luck of the Irish with the Dearborn Symphony Orchestra’s annual St. Patrick’s Day concert at 8 p.m. March 17 at the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center.
- The Detroit Symphony Orchestra hosts neighborhood concerts in Southfield, Monroe and Beverly Hills through March 19. Violinist Tai Murray will perform Antonin Dvořák’s Violin Concerto, Skoryk’s Melody and Beethoven’s Symphony No. 2.
- Celebrate the start of springtime at the Detroit Spring Home and Garden Show March 18-19 at Huntington Place. Admission is free on both days.
- Want to step into the shoes of Scooby and the gang? Head over to the Henry Ford Museum for the “Scooby Doo Mansion Mayhem,” an interactive event for the family. The event goes through April 9.
- Calling all high school artists— The Detroit Institute of Arts has opened a call for entries for its Wayne County High School Art Exhibition. Artist submissions are due by March 23.
- The Detroit Historical Society hosts a special screening of “Detroit: The City of Churches” from 2-3:30 p.m. March 19. Registration is required.
- Renowned vocalist Re’Monda takes the stage at the Blue Llama Jazz Club from 6:30-9:45 p.m. on March 22 for a night of jazz, neo soul, blues and gospel.
- Detroit artist Rashaun Rucker’s “Relief from the Heat,” an exhibit on intergenerational identity and kinship around the Black Church, is on display at the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit through March 26.
Subscribe to One Detroit’s YouTube Channel & Don’t miss One Detroit Mondays and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.
Catch the daily conversations on our website, Facebook, Twitter @DPTVOneDetroit, and Instagram @One.Detroit
View Past Episodes >
Watch One Detroit every Monday and Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET on Detroit Public TV on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.