Are you looking for some arts, culture, music and family-friendly fun to experience in Southeast Michigan? From Motor City Pride Festival and other LGBTQIA+ events, a glass blowing festival, an African American cooking demo, and the Pewabic House & Garden Show, Detroit has an abundance of fun events this weekend.
One Detroit contributors Dave Wagner and Cecelia Sharpe of 90.9 WRCJ share what you can do around metro Detroit during the June 9 weekend and next week on “One Detroit Weekend.”
List of Upcoming Events:
- Head over to the Russell Industrial Center for The Michigan Glass Project, taking place Friday through Sunday, June 9-11, for three days of live music, art-making and glass blowing.
- Learn how to conserve water and clean our waterways at the Detroit Zoo on Saturday, June 10 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. during World Oceans Day.
- Enjoy classical music and a delicious meal at the Community House’s Classical Brunch Concert, sponsored by 90.9 WRCJ, starting at 11:30 a.m. Sunday, June 11.
- Celebrate Pride Month with a Pride+ Allies Open Mic Night, hosted by Inside/Out Literary Arts at the Room Project from 6-7:30 p.m. Friday, June 9. The event is open to youth and adult poets.
- Motor City Pride Festival returns to Hart Plaza Saturday and Sunday, June 10-11, with live entertainment, the Pride Parade starting at 12 p.m. Sunday, June 11, and more.
- Join the Detroit Public Library Friday, June 9 from 3-4:30 p.m. for the first of a new cooking series highlighting African American, Caribbean, and African recipes with Detroit-based caterer, Cori Howell.
- Pewabic Pottery is celebrating its 120th anniversary with the Pewabic House & Garden Show Friday through Sunday, June 9-11, including a strolling tour and a ceramic art shop.
- The War Memorial presents Jazzin’ at the Vanity, a free 2-day jazz & blues festival featuring live performances, great food, a vendor marketplace, visual art, kids’ activities, and more.
Subscribe to One Detroit’s YouTube Channel & Don’t miss One Detroit Mondays and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.
Watch One Detroit every Monday and Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET on Detroit Public TV on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.