Dr. Rich Machesky, Troy Superintendent of Schools
April 7, 2020
10/12/20: One Detroit – Wayne State Billboard Arts Event / Genevieve Vang / Ozzie Rivera / Steven Banks
February 8, 2021
News From Around Detroit
- New Bargain Block season, same appraisal problemsby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Season three of HGTV’s Bargain Block will be out this summer. But even national airtime can’t bypass Detroit’s homebuying stressors.
- Detroit’s public safety plan for downtown this summerby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Visitors can expect more officers on the streets, rooftops and in police towers, wayfinding signage and additional security screenings at some event spaces.
- Mumford grad prioritizes health in Detroit’s Fitzgerald neighborhoodby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis, Author at BridgeDetroit)
May is Mental Health Awareness month. Siblings Corina Malone and Corey Williams are inviting Detroiters to free yoga classes on Friday evenings to support healthy habits.
- Detroit police board chair assures ‘transparency’ amid investigations by Christine Ferretti and Orlando Bailey (Orlando Bailey, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Citizen complaint records seized, two staffers on administrative leave amid multiple investigations into Detroit’s Board of Police Commissioners and the Office of the Chief Investigator.
- Meet Detroit’s other ‘people mover,’ Michael Cunningham IIby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Cunningham has spent a decade advocating for transit justice in Detroit, but that isn’t his biggest fight. He’s also encountered homelessness, incarceration and mental health challenges.
- Democrats and Republicans are skeptical of U.S. espionage, AP-NORC poll says
A big shift is that Republicans have become substantially less likely over the last decade to say it's at least sometimes necessary to sacrifice freedom in response to threats.
- Trump indicted on federal charges in classified documents investigation
Former President Donald Trump has been indicted on federal charges connected to classified documents found at his Mar-a-Lago estate by the FBI last August. In a post on Truth Social, Trump said he had been indicted and summoned to appear at the federal courthouse in Miami on Tuesday. Stephanie Sy discussed the developments with White House Correspondent Laura Barrón-López.
- Trump indicted on charges of mishandling classified documents
Donald Trump says he's been indicted on charges of mishandling classified documents at his Florida estate, igniting a federal prosecution that is arguably the most perilous of multiple legal threats against the former president as he seeks to reclaim the White House.