5/09/22: One Detroit – Thurgood Play, Songwriter Gabriel Duran, Cranbrook Art Exhibit, Trunino Lowe Quartet
May 9, 2021
5/11/20: One Detroit – David Turnley / Aretha Franklin Amphitheatre / Joan Belgrave / Anne Parsons / Blue LLama Jazz Club
May 11, 2020
June 29, 2022
February 25, 2020
News From Around Detroit
- Replacement paratransit vendor unlikely before 2023 service cutsby Bryce Huffman and Malachi Barrett (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Some council members would convene a December session to vote on a new contract, but Mike Duggan’s administration said the bidding process will have to reopen next year.
- Prosecutor won’t charge Detroit officers in Porter Burks’ shooting deathby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy rules Detroit officers acted in self-defense in the 20-year-old Detroit resident’s Oct. 2 shooting death.
- Transit for Detroiters with disabilities at risk after contract rejectedby Bryce Huffman and Malachi Barrett (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit needs to find a new vendor to deliver 70% of its transit services for disabled residents after the City Council votes down a controversial five-year contract.
- Citizen complaint backlog against Detroit police could drag into 2023by Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
The Office of the Chief Investigator is adding eight investigators, but can’t project when the case backlog will be cleared since the interim department chief might be out next month.
- Some bus riders left cold and confused by temporary State Fair transit hubby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit’s makeshift hub is getting more shelters and is expected to be in place for about 18 months as the city constructs a new transit center at the former Michigan State Fairgrounds.
- Gladys Knight, U2, George Clooney among this year's Kennedy Center honorees
Actor, director, producer and human rights activist George Clooney, groundbreaking composer and conductor Tania León, and contemporary Christian singer Amy Grant will join singer and actress Gladys Knight and the entire crew of U2 in being honored by the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
- News Wrap: Iran may disband morality police amid months of protests
In our news wrap Sunday, Iran's state media pushed back on a top official's comment that the country's morality police has been disbanded, Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson returned to play after being suspended for allegations of sexual misconduct, a volcanic eruption in Indonesia forced evacuations, and France and England advanced to the World Cup quarterfinals.
- A look ahead at two cases before the Supreme Court this week
The Supreme Court will hear two cases this week -- Creative v. Elenis and Moore v. Harper -- that have the potential to reshape anti-discrimination laws and the future of federal elections nationwide. John Yang joins Geoff Bennett to discuss.