Monday on One Detroit:
- David Turnley: David Turnley is considered by many to be one of the best documentary photographers working today. Winner of the Pulitzer Prize, two World Press Photos of the Year, and the Robert Capa Award for Courage, he has photographed the human condition in some 75 countries around the world. David is the documentarian on a COVID photo project he’s working on at the University of Michigan.
- Devin Scillian: Devin Scillian is the evening anchor at WDIV (Channel 4). While we all know him as a journalist, he’s also a great musician. Devin is bringing joy to the digital community by posting a song a day on Facebook.
- The Miracles featuring Mark Scott: Mark Scott from the ‘Miracles featuring Mark Scott’ has written a wonderful uplifting song about the stay home situation. Stephen Henderson talk with Mark Scott about the song and how he’s coping as an artist in the current pandemic.
- Joan Belgrave: Joan Belgrave is Detroit’s most noted Jazz Singer and is known for her soothing voice. Joan talks with Christy McDonald about lost gigs and uncertainty during the current pandemic, but it’s her exploration of feeling grief of having lost people to COVID, and her late husband Marcus Belgrave. Music helps Joan cope with the grief.
- Performance: Misty Copeland is an American ballet dancer for American Ballet Theatre, one of the three leading classical ballet companies in the United States. Misty Copeland leads ballerinas from around the world in a virtual dance to aid performers out of work.
View Past Episodes >
Watch One Detroit every Thursday at 7:30pm ET on Detroit Public TV.