by Lea Vigi | Dec 4, 2020
Allyson Hahn from L’Anse Creuse High School in Harrison Charter Township, Michigan talks about choosing in-person learning amid the pandemic as a senior.Read More
Chalkbeat Detroit: Michigan’s most vulnerable students have limited learning options during the pandemic
by Lea Vigi | Dec 2, 2020
The students who need in-person instruction the most are among the least likely to get it, new Michigan data shows.Read More
Chalkbeat Detroit: ‘Where are the kids?’ Inside the first day of online learning for one Detroit school
by Lea Vigi | Sep 11, 2020
After a spring of incalculable loss, educators in Detroit are scrambling to get students back on track.Read More
News From Around Detroit
- Alliance provides community with Narcan drive-up, virtual trainings during COVID-19by Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Alliance is providing the Oakland County community with Narcan drive-up/drive-through and virtual trainings during COVID-19.
- 'I'm a survivor.' Livonia man with lung transplant was among Michigan's first COVID-19 casesby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
A lung transplant survivor, Paul DeWyse was one of Michigan's first two confirmed coronavirus cases and was the first hospitalized at Michigan Medicine.
- Missing 16-year-old girl found dead along St. Clair County trailby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Those with information are asked to call the MSP Lapeer Post at 810-664-2905.
- Detroit Police probe stabbing death after couple's argument escalatesby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Police believe a verbal altercation between a couple ended in a fatal stabbing.
- Slain Michigan hockey warrior had abusive past: 'He tried to kill me'by Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
A rookie Detroit cop opens up about the night she fatally shot her abusive ex: the founder of the Michigan Warriors Hockey program for disabled vets.
- At least 15 dead, 400 wounded in Equatorial Guinea blasts
A series of explosions at a military barracks in Equatorial Guinea killed at least 15 people and wounded more than 400 others on Sunday, authorities said.
- COVID-19 relief bill passage hinged on compromise
President Biden's COVID-19 relief plan passed in the Senate with a vote along party lines. Special Correspondent Jeff Greenfield joins Hari Sreenivasan to discuss the significance of the bill and what this means for the president's legislative agenda and the party's political position ahead of the 2022 midterm elections.
- In Arizona, a struggle over a sacred site of the Apache tribe
In southern Arizona, the proposed site of a new mine is pitting the mining company, Resolution Cooper, against the San Carlos Apache people. The site sits above one of the largest untapped copper reserves in North America and is worth billions of dollars, but is also a sacred site for the San Carlos Apache Tribe. Special Correspondent Benedict Moran reports from Oak Flat, Arizona.