Richard Florida, one of the nation’s leading urbanists, discusses downtown Detroit’s future and shares what he thinks the city should focus on with its post-pandemic recovery efforts.Read More
News From Around Detroit
- Building Black wealth and opportunity with intentionby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
This year will mark the 60th anniversary of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his seminal ‘I Have a Dream’ speech.
- Working for a better Detroitby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit contributor Olivia Lewis reflects on our transition to in-person engagement, policing, inclusive development and the will of Detroit’s voters.
- A point of gratitudeby Orlando Bailey (Orlando Bailey, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit’s Orlando Bailey reflects on our newsroom engagement in 2022 and plans to build continued community connection next year.
- Detroit’s 2022 topics: Tax justice, land use and gun violenceby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit contributor Bryce Huffman weighs in on some of his most memorable coverage of the year, and shares plans for his future.
- Replacement paratransit vendor unlikely before 2023 service cutsby Bryce Huffman and Malachi Barrett (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Some council members would convene a December session to vote on a new contract, but Mike Duggan’s administration said the bidding process will have to reopen next year.
- WATCH LIVE: Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell gives update after decision on interest rates
Chair Jerome Powell is likely Wednesday to underscore that the Federal Reserve's primary focus remains the need to fight surging prices with still-higher interest rates.
- WATCH LIVE: White House holds news briefing ahead of interest rate decision by Federal Reserve
White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre will hold a news briefing Wednesday afternoon.
- WATCH LIVE: U.S. Ambassador to the UN Linda Thomas-Greenfield joins State Department news briefing
State Department deputy spokesperson Vedant Patel will hold a briefing Wednesday afternoon.