One Detroit finds out how we’ll lose a seat in Congress this next election cycle and how district lines might be redrawn.Read More
Category: 2018 Election
One Detroit's Election Coverage 2018
View all the election coverage from One Detroit and the Detroit Journalism Cooperative. We interviewed the Democratic and Republican gubernatorial candidates– watch Gretchen Whitmer and Bill Schuette below. You can also find on-demand video from the debates, ballot initiatives and reporter commentary.
Apr 11, 2019
Christy sits down for a wide-ranging, one-on-one interview with Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel about her first three months in office. They talk about several of Nessel’s priorities including the Line 5 controversy, the investigation into the Catholic Church, prosecuting hate crimes, and her plans for Flint.Read More
Nov 8, 2018
One Detroit gets reaction from Michigan’s new Governor-elect, and the team analyzes the victory by looking at voter turnout, President Trump’s influence and the female factor in this year’s election.Read More
11/1/18: One Detroit CEO SUMMIT / 2018 ELECTION / State Attorney General’s Race / 13th Congressional District / Governor’s Race
Nov 1, 2018
Christy, Nolan and Stephen are at Cobo Center covering the Business Leaders for Michigan CEO Summit.Read More
News From Around Detroit
- Here’s what Detroit’s police chief is doing in the neighborhoodsby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Police Chief James White is walking a mile in city communities each week. Listen to find out where and why.
- Detroit has plenty of land. Do residents have equal access?by Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Discussions are ramping up over strategies to best serve Detroit and ensure long-time residents have a stake in ownership, vision for vacant land.
- Detroit leaders urge action on gun violence to ‘bring relief to our babies’by Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit has seen nine mass shootings this year alone and heightened frustrations among residents fearful of public spaces or leaving their homes.
- Nonprofit develops award for Black leaders advancing racial justiceby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Three “trailblazers” in Michigan will be honored, with the top prize being $10,000 in grant money. Two other awardees will get $2,500.
- Detroit embarks on new planning study for Joe Louis Greenwayby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Two-year study to evaluate economic impact, land use and policies to beautify future and existing developments along the greenway route.
- WATCH LIVE: Biden delivers remarks at first U.S.-Pacific Island country summit
The White House has unveiled a Pacific strategy designed to bolster U.S. engagement with more than a dozen island nations on issues including climate change and maritime security.
- UK's Prime Minister Liz Truss defends economic plan that sent pound tumbling
British Prime Minister Liz Truss has defended her economic plan that roiled financial markets, saying she's willing to make "difficult decisions" to get the economy growing.
- Conservative activist Virginia Thomas appears for interview with Jan. 6 panel
Conservative activist Virginia "Ginni" Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, has appeared for a voluntary interview with the House panel investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection.