One Detroit finds out how we’ll lose a seat in Congress this next election cycle and how district lines might be redrawn.Read More
Category: 2018 Election
One Detroit's Election Coverage 2018
View all the election coverage from One Detroit and the Detroit Journalism Cooperative. We interviewed the Democratic and Republican gubernatorial candidates– watch Gretchen Whitmer and Bill Schuette below. You can also find on-demand video from the debates, ballot initiatives and reporter commentary.
Nov 8, 2018
One Detroit gets reaction from Michigan’s new Governor-elect, and the team analyzes the victory by looking at voter turnout, President Trump’s influence and the female factor in this year’s election.Read More
11/1/18: One Detroit CEO SUMMIT / 2018 ELECTION / State Attorney General’s Race / 13th Congressional District / Governor’s Race
Nov 1, 2018
Christy, Nolan and Stephen are at Cobo Center covering the Business Leaders for Michigan CEO Summit.Read More
News From Around Detroit
- Building Black wealth and opportunity with intentionby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
This year will mark the 60th anniversary of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his seminal ‘I Have a Dream’ speech.
- Working for a better Detroitby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit contributor Olivia Lewis reflects on our transition to in-person engagement, policing, inclusive development and the will of Detroit’s voters.
- A point of gratitudeby Orlando Bailey (Orlando Bailey, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit’s Orlando Bailey reflects on our newsroom engagement in 2022 and plans to build continued community connection next year.
- Detroit’s 2022 topics: Tax justice, land use and gun violenceby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit contributor Bryce Huffman weighs in on some of his most memorable coverage of the year, and shares plans for his future.
- Replacement paratransit vendor unlikely before 2023 service cutsby Bryce Huffman and Malachi Barrett (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Some council members would convene a December session to vote on a new contract, but Mike Duggan’s administration said the bidding process will have to reopen next year.
- LeBron James breaks NBA scoring record set by Abdul-Jabbar
With 10.9 seconds left in the third quarter against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday night, James outstretched his arms, threw both hands in the air, then smiled.
- Democrats win control of Pennsylvania House, ending years of GOP rule
Democrats won control of the Pennsylvania House in special elections Tuesday, wresting partial power from Republicans for the first time in a dozen years in the competitive swing state.
- WATCH: In GOP response, Arkansas Gov. Sanders slams Biden for 'woke fantasies'
Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders painted a dystopian portrait of the country in the Republican rebuttal to President Joe Biden's State of the Union address.