One Detroit finds out how we’ll lose a seat in Congress this next election cycle and how district lines might be redrawn.Read More
Category: 2018 Election
One Detroit's Election Coverage 2018
View all the election coverage from One Detroit and the Detroit Journalism Cooperative. We interviewed the Democratic and Republican gubernatorial candidates– watch Gretchen Whitmer and Bill Schuette below. You can also find on-demand video from the debates, ballot initiatives and reporter commentary.
Apr 11, 2019
Christy sits down for a wide-ranging, one-on-one interview with Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel about her first three months in office. They talk about several of Nessel’s priorities including the Line 5 controversy, the investigation into the Catholic Church, prosecuting hate crimes, and her plans for Flint.Read More
Nov 8, 2018
One Detroit gets reaction from Michigan’s new Governor-elect, and the team analyzes the victory by looking at voter turnout, President Trump’s influence and the female factor in this year’s election.Read More
11/1/18: One Detroit CEO SUMMIT / 2018 ELECTION / State Attorney General’s Race / 13th Congressional District / Governor’s Race
Nov 1, 2018
Christy, Nolan and Stephen are at Cobo Center covering the Business Leaders for Michigan CEO Summit.Read More
News From Around Detroit
- Raphael Washington, deputy chief of jail and courts, named new Wayne County sheriffby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
A panel of three county officials named Raphael Washington sheriff Friday. Washington was previously accused of sexually harassing female employees.
- Michigan's economy could be permanently changed by COVID-19, economists sayby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
The shift to online meetings, if it continues beyond the pandemic, would hurt car rentals and auto sales. The auto industry is still key in Michigan.
- Craig skeptical whether police response to Capitol riot different than Black Lives Matterby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Craig questions whether Black Lives Matter protests and the insurrection at the Capitol shows stark contrast in police response. Experts disagree.
- Southfield officer under investigation after firing at, injuring man in stolen vehicleby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
The suspect — who was not named — ended up at a Detroit hospital saying he had been shot by police.
- Michigan reports 2,598 new COVID-19 cases, 29 deaths Fridayby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Michigan now has a total of 533,602 confirmed cases and 13,701 confirmed deaths since March.
- PBS NewsHour Special Report: American Reckoning
We explore what drove the Jan. 6 attack on the nation's capital, the failures to heed warnings about growing anti-government and white nationalist extremism, the role of misinformation and disinformation online, and where we as a country go from here.
- Pandemic eats into LGBTQ representation on network TV, study shows
"We're hoping that is just a blip and not the beginning of a trend," GLAAD's President & CEO Sarah Kate Ellis said in an interview, adding that the decrease overall was largely due to fewer shows being made.
- TSA looking into adding Capitol rioters to U.S. no-fly list
The Transportation Security Administration say they are increasing security at Washington-area airports leading up to next week's presidential inauguration.