One Detroit is at The School at Marygrove with DPSCD Superintendent Dr. Nikolai Vitti on opening day. It’s a new high school in the Detroit Public Schools Community District, focusing on engineering and social justice. Plus, Nolan and Stephen offer their thoughts on the vision for the school. Episode 152/Segment 3
January 11, 2019
March 3, 2022
December 9, 2019
January 17, 2022
News From Around Detroit
- Detroit mother heals through stories of departed sonby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Constance “Connie” Spight’s book, Dear Brandon: Letters to my Departed Son, was published in February through Archway Publishing.
- Transit options, impacts of pollution top focus in southwest Detroitby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
District 6 residents detailed barriers to transportation and other unfavorable conditions that disrupt their lives during a Tuesday night town hall hosted by BridgeDetroit and Detroit is Different.
- Legacy and opportunity are in abundance on Harper business stripby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Business owners in the area say the corridor is on the “up and up,” despite less attention from the city than they would like.
- District 5 residents want schools, object to ‘imposed’ developmentby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Besides a shortage of schools and rec centers, residents in Detroit’s District 5 say they are defensive about new development because they often feel that it’s done without their input.
- Death of young girl prompts weapons crackdown in violent neighborhoodsby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit police are targeting known violent offenders this week in sections of the city’s east and west side.
- Four months after arrest, U.S. basketball star Griner appears in Russian court
More than four months after she was arrested at a Moscow airport for cannabis possession, American basketball star Brittney Griner has appeared in court for a preliminary hearing ahead of her trial.
- Russia 'pouring fire' on Lysychansk as offensive on Ukrainian city amounts
The governor of Ukraine's Luhansk region says Russia is mounting an all-out assault on the last Ukrainian stronghold in the eastern region, "pouring fire" from the ground and air.
- Majority of Americans think Supreme Court overturning Roe was more about politics than law
With confidence in the Supreme Court falling, more than half of Americans oppose the decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, according to the latest poll from the PBS NewsHour, NPR and Marist.