Fall is upon us, and there’s plenty to do in Detroit to enjoy the season. Check out the Cinderella World Ballet Series, explore more than 50 food trucks at the Detroit Harvest Fest & Food Truck Rally, or join the Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History for its annual gala. Here are some of the arts and cultural events you can find around metro Detroit this weekend and into next week. Watch “One Detroit Weekend” with contributor Peter Whorf of 90.9 WRCJ.
List of Upcoming Events:
- The World Ballet Series is bringing the timeless fairytale Cinderella live to Detroit for one night only on Oct. 6 at Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts. The ballet will be brought to life by a cast of 40 multinational ballet dancers.
- The Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History will host its annual Wright Gala on Oct. 7 at the museum with the theme “Masks of the Diaspora Masquerade Ball.” Plus, see an exclusive sneak peek of a special exhibit opening Oct. 10.
- Detroit Opera’s performances of “Madame Butterfly” kick off on Oct. 7 at the Detroit Opera House. Enjoy the re-imagined adaptation of the iconic opera and produced by an all-Japanese and Japanese American creative team.
- The Tipping Point Theatre in Northville presents Alfred Uhry’s “Driving Miss Daisy” on select dates through Oct. 29. Watch the timeless production about two characters who learn to navigate their relationship during a new era in the South.
- Grammy Award-winning musician, producer and record label founder Ben Harper is coming to Royal Oak Music Theatre with his band The Innocent Criminals on Oct. 10. They will be joined by supporting acts Volebeats and The Jack Moves.
- The Detroit Riverfront Conservancy will bring together more than 50 food trucks, live music, and some fun fall activities for the whole family at the Detroit Harvest Fest & Food Truck Rally on the Dequindre Cut Greenway on Oct. 7-8.
- The Library Street Collective presents “Lost in Translation,” an exhibit by artists Tiffany Alfonseca and Monica Hernandez, on display through Nov. 8. The exhibit explores the artists’ Dominican roots and identity as women.
- The Midwest Buddhist Meditation Center in Warren will host a Thai Market on Oct. 8. Learn about the flavors and festivities that make up Thai culture.
Subscribe to One Detroit’s YouTube Channel and don’t miss One Detroit on Mondays and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.
Watch One Detroit Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. ET on Detroit Public TV on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.