November is in full swing, and there’s plenty to do around town this weekend. From the Autumn Landscape Tour at the Ford House Grounds to an entrepreneurship resource summit at the Detroit Historical Museum, the All Things Detroit Holiday Shopping Experience and Food Truck Rally, and plenty more, the region has a ton of fun activities on tap for you and your family. Check out what you can do around metro Detroit this weekend and into next week on “One Detroit Weekend” with contributor Peter Whorf of 90.9 WRCJ.
List of Upcoming Events:
- Take in the sights and smells of fall at the Ford House Grounds during its Autumn Landscape Tours, which runs through Nov. 22. The grounds feature 87 acres of gardens and lakeside landscapes, and the tours will include the history of the buildings that make up the grounds.
- Head over to the Detroit Historical Museum for “The Hustle: Entrepreneur Resource Summit” on Nov. 4. The free event will include networking and panel discussions, mentorship opportunities and a marketplace in the “Streets of Old Detroit.”
- Create your own life-size glow-in-the-dark structure at the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit’s workshop, Glowing Architecture. The workshop will pay respect to Detroit’s lost Black Bottom neighborhood and help envision what’s to come in the future for Detroit.
- Get into the holiday spirit at the All Things Detroit Holiday Shopping Experience and Food Truck Rally at Eastern Market on Sunday, Nov. 5. The event will give attendees the opportunity to shop with Michigan small businesses, artisans, food vendors and more.
- Join the fun at the Fisher Theatre this weekend with the Peppa Pig Sing-Along Party, the perfect weekend activity for children and their families. The Sing-Along performance, presented by Broadway in Detroit, takes place at 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 5.
- Find your favorite rock and roll at the Fall Back 2023 one-night music festival at The Blind Pig. Performances will include Junior Varsity Senior, Stay At Home Dads, Icarus Fell, Permanently Pissed, Hiding Salem, Echoslave, The Half of It, and Taylor Mountain featuring Stephen James.
- Take part in an exciting night of classical music at the Detroit Symphony performed by the Detroit Community Orchestra and the Detroit Community Band. The performance will take place at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 8 at Orchestra Hall.
- Hear award-winning author Curtis Chin discuss his new book, “Everything I Learned, I Learned in a Chinese Restaurant,” during the Michigan kick-off of his book tour at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 8 at Oakland University.
Subscribe to One Detroit’s YouTube Channel and don’t miss One Detroit on Mondays and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.
Watch One Detroit Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. ET on Detroit Public TV on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.