Celebrate the holiday season with ornament painting at Art in Motion, a production of “A Christmas Carol” at Meadow Brook Theatre, and “Frozen” at Detroit Opera. For those looking to light up their evenings, visit the 2nd annual “Light Up Main Street” along East Grand Boulevard in Detroit. See what else is coming up this weekend around Southeast Michigan with contributors Cecelia Sharpe and Dave Wagner of 90.9 WRCJ on “One Detroit Weekend.”
List of Upcoming Events:
- Don’t miss legendary soul singer Al Green for his “Still In Love With You” tour at the Fox Theatre on Nov. 24. Green’s highly successful recording and touring career spans more than five decades, and he’s one of Rolling Stone’s 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.
- Avoid the holiday shopping sprees and instead get crafty at Art in Motion’s Black Friday Clay Day on Nov. 24, where families can create their own ornaments out of clay and decorate them after.
- Spend Small Business Saturday at the Crafts-n-Beer Indie Arts & Crafts Fest for a day of holiday shopping and seasonal sipping. The festival takes place on Nov. 25 at the Motor City Brewing Works warehouse, and will feature handmade crafts, craft beers, holiday decorations and more.
- Through Dec. 16, peruse through more than 130 miniature pieces of art at the Small Works All-Media Exhibition. The juried exhibit features more than 70 artists showcasing diminutive creations that are no larger than 16 inches in any direction.
- Get into the Christmas spirit with the classic Charles Dicken’s story, “A Christmas Carol” at Meadow Brook Theatre. The production runs through Dec. 24.
- Watch violin virtuoso Maxim Vengerov and pianist Polina Osetinskaya perform at Hill Auditorium on Nov. 26. The duo will perform scores written by Clara and Robert Schumann, Johannes Brahms, and Sergei Prokofiev.
- Broadway in Detroit brings the Tony Award-nominated musical Frozen to the Detroit Opera House through Dec. 17. The musical features the songs from the original Oscar-winning film, plus an expanded score with a dozen new numbers by the film’s songwriters.
- Celebrate the holidays at the 2nd annual Light Up Main Street holiday event hosted by the Vanguard Community Development on Nov. 25. The event will also feature 20 local vendors and businesses in the North End/Milwaukee Junction Business District to shop from.
Subscribe to One Detroit’s YouTube Channel and don’t miss One Detroit on Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.
Watch One Detroit Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. ET on Detroit Public TV on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.