Are you looking for some arts, culture, music and family-friendly fun to experience in Southeast Michigan this weekend? One Detroit contributor Cecelia Sharpe of 90.9 WRCJ shares what Detroit and other metro cities have on tap for the March 10 weekend and into next week on “One Detroit Weekend.”
List of Upcoming Events:
- The Galerie Camile will showcase the multi-artist exhibit “Resonance, Reverence” through April 1. The exhibit is curated by Dalia Reyes and Dayana Juarez.
- Groove to the music of Stevie Wonder with the Detroit City Jazz Orchestra Plus at The Cube at the Detroit Symphony Orchestra from 8-10 p.m. March 11.
- Ahead of the Oscars, the Detroit Film Theater at the Detroit Institute of Arts is showing this year’s Oscar-nominated short films on the big screen. You can check out the 2023 Oscar-nominated animation and live-action short films through March 11.
- The University Musical Society presents Step Afrika!, a dance company dedicated to the African American tradition stepping, at Hill Auditorium starting at 4 p.m. March 12.
- The Arab American National Museum hosts “Put Your Feet in Our Shoes,” a youth and family workshop, from 10-12 a.m. March 11.
- Internationally renowned bassist Rodney Whitaker, the Director of jazz studies at Michigan State University, takes the stage at the Dirty Dog Jazz Café for a slate of performances March 15-18.
- Visit Detroit mixed-media artist Judy Bowman’s inaugural solo exhibit “Gratiot Griot” at the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit through March 26.
Subscribe to One Detroit’s YouTube Channel & Don’t miss One Detroit Mondays and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.
Catch the daily conversations on our website, Facebook, Twitter @DPTVOneDetroit, and Instagram @One.Detroit
View Past Episodes >
Watch One Detroit every Monday and Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET on Detroit Public TV on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.