Summer is officially here! Are you looking for some arts, culture, and family-friendly fun to experience around the Detroit area this weekend? From the Rocket Mortgage Classic to the Detroit Walk to Freedom 60-year anniversary and a hot air balloon show, metro Detroit has a lot to offer.
List of Upcoming Events:
- Hop over to the Howell Area Chamber of Commerce’s 38th annual Michigan Challenge Balloonfest for a chance to see hot air balloons, fireworks and more. The event runs all weekend from June 23-25.
- Experience the global and cultural phenomenon, Marvel Studio’s “Black Panther,” in concert performed live to picture by the Detroit Symphony Orchestra during select performances on June 23-25.
- Commemorate the historic 1963 Detroit Walk to Freedom with the Detroit NAACP’s June Jubilee: A Celebration of Freedom, a four-day celebration that includes a Freedom Summit, a statue unveiling, the 60th anniversary Freedom Walk, and the annual Freedom Fund dinner.
- Catch some fireworks ahead of the Fourth of July with the 65th edition of the Ford Fireworks on Monday, June 26. Plus, find the best seat in the house at The Rooftop Party presented by Ford.
- The Rocket Mortgage Classic golf tournament returns to the Detroit Golf Club this year, with practice rounds starting on Tuesday, June 27 and the tournament beginning June 29.
- Hear music from the Brazeal Dennard Chorale at the Jubilee Gala at 6 p.m. June 23 at the Detroit Marriott Renaissance Center.
- Don’t miss multi-Grammy Award-winning blues artist Buddy Guy on his final tour, the “2023 Damn Right Farewell Tour.” The tour stops at Meadowbrook Ampitheater at 7:30 p.m. June 24.
- Park your car and watch some fireworks from your front seat at the M1 Concourse’s 6th annual Cars Under the Stars Fireworks Spectacular on June 25. Fireworks are scheduled to start at 9:45 p.m. ET.
Subscribe to One Detroit’s YouTube Channel & Don’t miss One Detroit Mondays and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.
Watch One Detroit every Monday and Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET on Detroit Public TV on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.