Are you looking for some arts, culture, music and family-friendly fun to experience in Southeast Michigan this weekend? One Detroit contributors Peter Whorf and Cecelia Sharpe, of WRCJ 90.9 FM, take a look at what Detroit and other metro cities have on tap for the Feb. 3 weekend and into next week with One Detroit’s newest segment, “One Detroit Weekend.”
List of upcoming events:
- “Beetlejuice” the Musical at the Detroit Opera through Feb. 12.
- Bree Gant activation and artist talk at the Museum of Contemporary Art and Design (MOCAD) on Feb. 4.
- Planet D Nonet plays a tribute to Duke Ellington at Cliff Bells Feb. 3-4.
- The Detroit Institute of Art’s Detroit Film Theatre hosts the New York International Children’s Film Festival Feb. 4 celebrating Black stories
- Grammy-nominated jazz drummer Gayelynn Mckinney & the McKinney Zone perform at the Blue Llama Jazz Café Feb. 4.
- The Detroit Symphony Orchestra presents the return of Music Director Laureate Leonard Slatkin for Brahm’s First Piano Concerto & Bartok on Feb. 3-4. WRCJ 90.9 FM will broadcast the concert performance live on the radio Friday night.
- The University Musical Society (UMS) hosts world-renowned violinist Joshua Bell at Hill Auditorium on Feb. 7.
- The Detroit Public Theatre presents a new play, “The Peculiar Patriot,” opening on Feb. 8, from their new Midtown Detroit home.
Subscribe to One Detroit’s YouTube Channel & Don’t miss One Detroit Mondays and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.
Catch the daily conversations on our website, Facebook, Twitter @DPTVOneDetroit, and Instagram @One.Detroit
View Past Episodes >
Watch One Detroit every Monday and Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET on Detroit Public TV on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.