Are you looking for some arts, culture, music and family-friendly fun to experience in Southeast Michigan this weekend? One Detroit contributor Cecelia Sharpe of 90.9 WRCJ FM shares what Detroit and other metro cities have on tap for the Feb. 24 weekend and into next week on “One Detroit Weekend.”
List of Upcoming Events:
- The Detroit Symphony Orchestra presents “Night on Bald Mountain & Gavrylyuk Plays Grieg” Feb. 23-25 at Orchestra Hall.
- The Urban Art Orchestra presents “An Evening of Legends” at the Detroit Symphony Orchestra, featuring original arrangements of music by MF Doom, J Dilla, Q-Tip and Pharrell Williams.
- The Detroit Historical Society celebrates Black History Month from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Feb. 25 with “On the Shoulders of Giants,” a program focused on Black entrepreneurship.
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra Principal Trombonist Kenneth Thompkins will perform a “Structurally Sound” concert at the Detroit Institute of Arts at 2 p.m. Feb. 26.
- The Scott Gwinnell Jazz Orchestra performs at 7 p.m. Feb. 28 at Aretha’s Jazz Café at Music Hall.
- The Carr Center announces a new series of intimate live music and conversation called “Vibe Sessions.” The series launches at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 25 at The Carr Center Performance Studio at The Park Shelton.
- The Ark hosts its 36th annual storytelling festival featuring storytellers Bill Harley, Sheila Arnold, and Steve Daut at 8 p.m. Feb. 25.
Subscribe to One Detroit’s YouTube Channel & Don’t miss One Detroit Mondays and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.
Catch the daily conversations on our website, Facebook, Twitter @DPTVOneDetroit, and Instagram @One.Detroit
View Past Episodes >
Watch One Detroit every Monday and Thursday at 7:30 p.m. ET on Detroit Public TV on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.