Holiday events are in full swing around metro Detroit and there’s a ton of events for families to take part in. Enjoy holiday decorations at the Boston-Edison Association Holiday Home Tour. Create your own holiday wreath at the Edison Branch of the Detroit Public Library. Tipping Point Theatre hosts “A Very Northville Christmas,” and don’t miss The Big Bright Light Show in downtown Rochester. Find out what else is coming up around town on “One Detroit Weekend” with Dave Wagner and Cecelia Sharpe of 90.9 WRCJ.
List of Upcoming Events:
- Head over to Monroe Street Midway through Jan. 7 for a variety of winter fun including an arctic slide, bumper cars, art experiences, puck-putt and and more. The Midway is located across from Campus Martius in downtown Detroit.
- Check out the decked-out homes in Detroit’s historic Boston-Edison neighborhood during their 49th annual Holiday Home Tour on Dec. 9-10. Tours begin and end at Sacred Heart Seminary.
- Get crafty at the Edison Branch of the Detroit Public Library’s holiday wreath workshop on Dec. 9. Individuals of all skill levels can create and take home their own wreath.
- Join a jam-packed night of holiday and musical theatre classics at Detroit Public Theatre’s Holiday Cabaret, live through Dec. 17.
- Take a trip to the Tipping Point Theatre to see its performances of “A Very Northville Christmas,” the romantic comedy spoof that’s made for Hallmark lovers, haters and everyone in between.
- Celebrate the season with the Michigan Philharmonic’s Holiday Pops concerts on Dec. 7 at First United Method Church in Plymouth and Dec. 8 at the Marquis Theater in Northville.
- Stroll the streets of downtown Rochester to see The Big Bright Light Show taking place through Jan. 21. The display runs every evening from 5 p.m. to midnight.
- Don’t miss the Detroit Symphony Orchestra in the community on Dec. 11 for a performance of Bach’s Goldberg Variations taking place at The Commons.
Subscribe to One Detroit’s YouTube Channel and don’t miss One Detroit on Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.
Watch One Detroit Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. ET on Detroit Public TV on Detroit Public TV, WTVS-Channel 56.