Christy talks with Mariam Noland, president of the Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan for 36 years, about her upcoming retirement and the role of philanthropy. Under her leadership, the organization has awarded $1.3 billion grants in our area. To honor her impact on the community, the Mariam C. Noland Fund for Public Spaces was announced last week.
August 31, 2018
December 9, 2021
3/21/22: One Detroit – Ukraine Band DakhaBrakha, Kresge Eminent Artist, Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra
March 21, 2022
News From Around Detroit
- Building Black wealth and opportunity with intentionby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
This year will mark the 60th anniversary of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his seminal ‘I Have a Dream’ speech.
- Working for a better Detroitby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit contributor Olivia Lewis reflects on our transition to in-person engagement, policing, inclusive development and the will of Detroit’s voters.
- A point of gratitudeby Orlando Bailey (Orlando Bailey, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit’s Orlando Bailey reflects on our newsroom engagement in 2022 and plans to build continued community connection next year.
- Detroit’s 2022 topics: Tax justice, land use and gun violenceby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit contributor Bryce Huffman weighs in on some of his most memorable coverage of the year, and shares plans for his future.
- Replacement paratransit vendor unlikely before 2023 service cutsby Bryce Huffman and Malachi Barrett (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Some council members would convene a December session to vote on a new contract, but Mike Duggan’s administration said the bidding process will have to reopen next year.
- LeBron James breaks NBA scoring record set by Abdul-Jabbar
With 10.9 seconds left in the third quarter against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday night, James outstretched his arms, threw both hands in the air, then smiled.
- Democrats win control of Pennsylvania House, ending years of GOP rule
Democrats won control of the Pennsylvania House in special elections Tuesday, wresting partial power from Republicans for the first time in a dozen years in the competitive swing state.
- WATCH: In GOP response, Arkansas Gov. Sanders slams Biden for 'woke fantasies'
Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders painted a dystopian portrait of the country in the Republican rebuttal to President Joe Biden's State of the Union address.