Christy caught up with Detroit Regional Chamber CEO Sandy Baruah and 2018 Mackinac Policy Conference Chair Ray Telang to find out more about this year’s conference themes. The MiWeek team discuss the policy conference pillars and agenda.
October 26, 2017
January 11, 2018
May 11, 2017
News From Around Detroit
- Detroit mother heals through stories of departed sonby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Constance “Connie” Spight’s book, Dear Brandon: Letters to my Departed Son, was published in February through Archway Publishing.
- Transit options, impacts of pollution top focus in southwest Detroitby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
District 6 residents detailed barriers to transportation and other unfavorable conditions that disrupt their lives during a Tuesday night town hall hosted by BridgeDetroit and Detroit is Different.
- Legacy and opportunity are in abundance on Harper business stripby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Business owners in the area say the corridor is on the “up and up,” despite less attention from the city than they would like.
- District 5 residents want schools, object to ‘imposed’ developmentby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Besides a shortage of schools and rec centers, residents in Detroit’s District 5 say they are defensive about new development because they often feel that it’s done without their input.
- Death of young girl prompts weapons crackdown in violent neighborhoodsby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit police are targeting known violent offenders this week in sections of the city’s east and west side.
- WATCH LIVE: House Republicans hold news conference on Supreme Court overturning of Roe v. Wade
House Republicans hold a news conference on the Supreme Court overturning of Roe v. Wade, ending almost 50 years of constitutional protection for abortion.
- With Roe defeated, you won't be able to get an abortion in these states
While the mechanisms and timing of these bans vary, they are certain to soon eliminate access to legal abortion in large swaths of the country. In other states, legal questions about the future of abortion access could drag out for years.
- WATCH LIVE: Biden delivers remarks after Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade
The U.S. Supreme Court decision overturning Roe v. Wade will test President Joe Biden's ability to preserve abortion access.