Tonight on MiWeek:
The MiWeek team and special roundtable guests, Lee Wilkins, Chair of the Department of Communication of Wayne State University, and Garlin Gilchrist II, Executive Director of U-M Center for Social Media Responsibility, take an in-depth look at the role of media in this year’s elections.
Some of the questions they’ll take on are:
- Have news organizations gained voters’ trust?
- Are the media doing their jobs better?
- Since 2016, where are voters getting their information from?
- Are the media giving time to the issues that are important?
- Is the media’s focus more splintered now than in 2016?
- How is social media changing the way news is communicated?
- How are candidates using social media to their advantage for 2018?
- How can people trust the information they’re seeing on social media – are users turning away from social media or using it more?
VIEW CLIPS >
Watch MiWeek every Thursday at 7:30 p.m. on WTVS – Detroit Public Television.