The Detroit Economic Club hosted Jerry Norcia, President & CEO of DTE Energy, on Thursday, November 18, at the MotorCity Casino Hotel. In a fireside chat with Sandy Pierce of The Huntington National Bank, Jerry discussed “Planning for Our Customers’ Evolving Energy Needs While Investing in Michigan’s Clean Energy Future” and answered questions from the audience.
December 7, 2022
November 10, 2022
October 14, 2022
News From Around Detroit
- Replacement paratransit vendor unlikely before 2023 service cutsby Bryce Huffman and Malachi Barrett (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Some council members would convene a December session to vote on a new contract, but Mike Duggan’s administration said the bidding process will have to reopen next year.
- Prosecutor won’t charge Detroit officers in Porter Burks’ shooting deathby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy rules Detroit officers acted in self-defense in the 20-year-old Detroit resident’s Oct. 2 shooting death.
- Transit for Detroiters with disabilities at risk after contract rejectedby Bryce Huffman and Malachi Barrett (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit needs to find a new vendor to deliver 70% of its transit services for disabled residents after the City Council votes down a controversial five-year contract.
- Citizen complaint backlog against Detroit police could drag into 2023by Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
The Office of the Chief Investigator is adding eight investigators, but can’t project when the case backlog will be cleared since the interim department chief might be out next month.
- Some bus riders left cold and confused by temporary State Fair transit hubby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit’s makeshift hub is getting more shelters and is expected to be in place for about 18 months as the city constructs a new transit center at the former Michigan State Fairgrounds.
- WATCH: House passes bill protecting same-sex and interracial marriages
The House gave final approval Thursday to protections for same-sex marriages.
- As catastrophic floods hit Nigeria, families left to flee
This year, heavy rains inundated Nigeria and neighboring countries, causing flooding the region hasn't seen in at least a decade. Hundreds have died.
- European Union court rules Google must delete results if proven inaccurate
The European Union's top court says Google has to delete search results about people in Europe if they can prove that the information is clearly wrong.