By Deanna Dewberry “This story was produced through the New York & Michigan Solutions...Read More
Author: AnnMarie Chamberlain
Nov 22, 2021
The Detroit Economic Club hosted Jerry Norcia, President & CEO of DTE Energy, on Thursday,...Read More
Nov 19, 2021
Head back in time when Detroit sports reigned– 3 championships in a single year. Overcoming vaccine hesitancy and access in Detroit with Lt. Gov. Garlin Gilchrist.Read More
Nov 17, 2021
By Louis Aguilar A nonprofit that’s revived one former Detroit public school has set its sights...Read More
Nov 16, 2021
Michigan’s redistricting panel has continued to keep private information members used to draw districts in Detroit, prompting complaints that members are betraying their own transparency promises.Read More
News From Around Detroit
- Building a legacy in Detroit for Black-owned spiritsby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Black liquor companies face barriers in access to capital, navigating an industry dominated by white men, and learning the legal aspects of distribution.
- Detroit’s buses are rolling, but are they reliable?by Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit’s Bryce Huffman took the Mack Avenue bus along with District 4 Councilwoman Latisha Johnson to get rider feedback on DDOT’s biggest challenges.
- Starting pay for Detroit police officers to rise by $10K under tentative dealby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit’s police force set to get significant raises, boost in starting pay under a set of tentative contracts headed to union members.
- Here’s what Detroit’s police chief is doing in the neighborhoodsby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Police Chief James White is walking a mile in city communities each week. Listen to find out where and why.
- Detroit has plenty of land. Do residents have equal access?by Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Discussions are ramping up over strategies to best serve Detroit and ensure long-time residents have a stake in ownership, vision for vacant land.
- WATCH LIVE: The winner of the Nobel Peace Prize is…
The recipient will be announced Friday, Oct. 7. Watch it live here.
- Biden says nuclear 'Armageddon' at highest risk since Cuban Missile Crisis
Speaking at a fundraiser Thursday for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, Biden said Putin was "not joking when he talks about the use of tactical nuclear weapons or biological or chemical weapons."
- Hurricane Ian evacuees return to devastation as death toll hits 101
Hurricane Ian's death toll has climbed into the triple digits. The number of recorded storm-related deaths rose Thursday to at least 101 in the eight days since the storm made landfall in southwest Florida.