Several of the 2020 presidential candidates give African American voters their solutions to critical issues affecting communities of color. We’ll have a report from the candidates’ forum at the NAACP National Convention in Detroit.
February 17, 2020
February 8, 2019
News From Around Detroit
- Building Black wealth and opportunity with intentionby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
This year will mark the 60th anniversary of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his seminal ‘I Have a Dream’ speech.
- Working for a better Detroitby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit contributor Olivia Lewis reflects on our transition to in-person engagement, policing, inclusive development and the will of Detroit’s voters.
- A point of gratitudeby Orlando Bailey (Orlando Bailey, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit’s Orlando Bailey reflects on our newsroom engagement in 2022 and plans to build continued community connection next year.
- Detroit’s 2022 topics: Tax justice, land use and gun violenceby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit contributor Bryce Huffman weighs in on some of his most memorable coverage of the year, and shares plans for his future.
- Replacement paratransit vendor unlikely before 2023 service cutsby Bryce Huffman and Malachi Barrett (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Some council members would convene a December session to vote on a new contract, but Mike Duggan’s administration said the bidding process will have to reopen next year.
- Trump campaign staff pushed 2020 election lies in newly released audio
MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A newly released audio recording offers a behind-the-scenes look at how former President Donald Trump's campaign team in a pivotal battleground state knew they had been outflanked by Democrats in the 2020 presidential election.
- WATCH LIVE: Biden and Harris speak at Democratic National Committee winter meeting
President Joe Biden hasn't announced a reelection campaign, but some of the themes of his likely bid should be on display when he addresses a national Democratic Party meeting.
- Analysis: COVID-19 shortened Native American life expectancy, but it's not the only factor
Unrelenting poverty, underemployment and historical trauma all contribute to the health challenges faced by Indigenous Americans.