In this COVID313 Virtual Town Hall Meeting, Arlyssa Heard, organizer and policy lead of 482Forward talks to Iranetta Wright, Deputy Superintendent of Detroit Public Schools…Read More
Search Results for: covid 313
Mar 5, 2021
COVID313 discusses the potential impact of the COVID vaccine amongst various age groups.Read More
Mar 4, 2021
Each Thursday at noon, join the COVID313 Community Coalition for Families and Students for a Virtual Townhall focused on supporting parents, students, and families during the Coronavirus outbreak.Read More
Jan 5, 2021
Please join the COVID313 Virtual Town Hall for Families and Students every Thursday starting at noon, featuring experts talking about coronavirus, education and school updates, accessing basic needs, and keeping your family healthy.Read More
News From Around Detroit
- Jackson Co. boy first Michigan case of COVID-19 variant from South Africaby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
A child has the first state case of the variant first detected in South Africa.
- EyesOn Design Father's Day car show postponed until Sept. 19 due to COVID-19by Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
EyesOn Design Father's Day car show postponed until Sept. 19 due to COVID-19 concerns.
- Dead infant found in wooded area in Lincoln Park, mother still unknownby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
A newborn infant was discovered dead in a bag in a wooded area near Fort Street and St. Johns Boulevard on Saturday.
- Canadian minister: Use of Straits of Mackinac oil pipeline 'nonnegotiable'by Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Canada's minster for natural resources says only the federeal government, not Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, can decide whether to shut down Line 5.
- Alliance provides community with Narcan drive-up, virtual trainings during COVID-19by Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Alliance is providing the Oakland County community with Narcan drive-up/drive-through and virtual trainings during COVID-19.
- Oprah's deft royal interview shows why she's still the media queen
While the couple drew both strong support and rebukes for detailing why they fled Britain and their royal roles, Winfrey burnished her stature as a master interviewer with Sunday's special that rivaled "The Crown"' for drama and heartache.
- CDC issues new guidelines for people who are fully vaccinated
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Monday issued new guidelines for people who are fully vaccinated, outlining what they can do safely and providing a small window into what life in the U.S. may look like in the months ahead. Dr. Richard Besser, CEO of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the former acting CDC head, joins John Yang to discuss what the recommendations mean.
- President Biden's sweeping stimulus package on the cusp of becoming law
House Democrats are waiting to give final approval to the $1.9 trillion COVID relief package that was backed along party lines Saturday in the Senate. They are pressing to get the bill to President Biden to sign before federal unemployment benefits expire on March 14. Lisa Desjardins and Yamiche Alcindor join Judy Woodruff to discuss some of the details.