Jul 22, 2021
Jul 15, 2021
- Bridge Michigan | Bangladeshi community in Michigan reaches out to older adults amid COVID
- A Program in Detroit Provides Urgently Needed Care for CaregiversAs more and more Americans take on the responsibility of caring for an aging family member, not enough caregivers are taking time care for themselves. […]
- Fixing In-home HealthcareOne Detroit's Bill Kubota looks into the critical shortage of home healthcare workers. […]
- Helping Detroit Seniors Survive the PandemicChristy McDonald checks in with Detroit Area Agency on Aging's CEO, Ron Taylor, and clinical director, Sylvia Brown, about meeting seniors' need during the pandemic. […]
News from Bridge Detroit
- What we know so far about Detroit’s controversial use of facial recognitionby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman | Bridge Detroit)
Here’s a look at how Detroit police have used facial recognition data since the beginning of 2021.
- Festival brings art, healing to 4 Detroit neighborhoodsby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman | Bridge Detroit)
Detroit’s Sidewalk Festival has returned after a pause for COVID, and will bring art and healing back to four Detroit neighborhoods this summer. “Neighborhood kids who maybe don't go downtown or Midtown, they need the art just as much as anyone else,” said Phil Simpson, a Detroit native and painter.
- An ex-Detroit police chief’s political hopes — and pending lawsuitsby Louis Aguilar (Louis Aguilar | Bridge Detroit)
As former Detroit Police Chief James Craig gets the rock star treatment from conservatives, lawsuits over tactics used by police against last year’s Black Lives Matter demonstrators remain unresolved.
- DDOT passengers demand more buses, shorter wait timesby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman | Bridge Detroit)
Waiting for the bus isn’t easy in Detroit, but DDOT’s driver shortage has made it worse. The City is looking to hire more drivers.
Latest News One Detroit
- WATCH: COVID313 Community Coalition Virtual Town Hall LiveEach Thursday at noon, join the COVID313 Community Coalition for Families and Students for a Virtual Townhall focused on supporting parents, students, and families during the Coronavirus outbreak.[Read Now]
- Fixing the DistrictsOne Detroit finds out how we'll lose a seat in Congress this next election cycle and how district lines might be redrawn.[Read Now]
- COVID313 Talk: A COVID Survivor’s Story
- Modern policing: The controversy over facial recognitionA look at police and policing this including a look at a critical face theory--facial recognition technology in use in Detroit despite some missteps.[Read Now]
- Ray Gray is FreeRay Gray was released from prison in May after serving for almost 50 years.[Read Now]
- Federal court lifts CDC rules for Florida-based cruise shipson July 24, 2021
The lawsuit, championed by Republican Gov. Ron […]
- News Wrap: Federal appeals court finds CDC eviction moratorium unlawfulon July 23, 2021
In our news wrap Friday, a federal appeals court […]
- Unlikely partners Pelosi and Cheney team up for Jan. 6 probeon July 23, 2021
The emerging partnership between Pelosi and […]
- Quiet Olympics opening ceremony sees loud public protest over virus concernson July 23, 2021
Usually a star-studded show, the Tokyo Olympics […]