Apr 16, 2021
View all the One Detroit coverage of the COVID-19 crisis
- Michigan woman has walked out of prison 6 times. Will this be her last?by Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Edith Turner has cycled in and out of prison for decades, but this time she's resolved to do better. The Free Press documented her life for one year.
- Michigan was warned about British COVID-19 variant, but many ignored itby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
The British COVID-19 variant didn't slam Michigan by surprise. Officials ignored early warning signs until it was too late, an investigation shows.
- Detroit man who took pride in helping to maintain his neighborhood died of COVID-19by Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Willie Stokes was active at Partakers Church, where he served as a deacon, sang in the choir and served communion to sick and shut-in congregants.
- Clinton Township man who had a playful sense of humor died of COVID-19 complicationsby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Frank Lafata raised three children as a single father after his first wife died of cancer in 1972.
Latest News One Detroit
- Young Sistaz Elite Club: Mentoring young girls to be their o…Detroit entrepreneur and hairstylist, Theresa Mitchell, created a nonprofit organization called Young Sistaz Elite Club to promote virtual and in-person community engagement.[Read Now]
- Impact of women leaving the workforce in the pandemicChristy talks with workforce experts about the setbacks women are facing during COVID-19.[Read Now]
- WATCH: COVID313 Community Coalition Virtual Town Hall LiveEach Thursday at noon, join the COVID313 Community Coalition for Families and Students for a Virtual Townhall focused on supporting parents, students, and families during the Coronavirus outbreak.[Read Now]
- Wendell Anthony on voter suppression bills and the Black vot…Detroit Branch NAACP President Rev. Wendell Anthony talks with Stephen about the controversial new Georgia law that makes sweeping changes to the voting process.[Read Now]
- Pet Adoption in a PandemicOne Detroit editor Chris Jordan scratches the surface on pet adoptions in the pandemic by visiting Ferndale's Catfe.[Read Now]
- Navalny's doctor: Putin critic 'could die at any momenton April 17, 2021
A doctor for imprisoned Russian opposition leader […]
- Scott Rudin will 'step back' after allegations of bullyingon April 17, 2021
Amid mounting anger over allegations of bullying, […]
- New details, but few answers, about Thursday's Indianapolis shootingon April 17, 2021
More details about the mass shooting at an […]
- Why field training officers are hindering police reformon April 17, 2021
The Derek Chauvin trial and shootings of Daunte […]