Apr 29, 2021
- Deaths rise as Palestinians flee Israeli fire in Gazaon May 14, 2021
Palestinians grabbed their children and […]
- WATCH LIVE: White House press secretary Jen Psaki holds briefingon May 14, 2021
In a major step toward returning to pre-pandemic […]
- Gas crunch from cyberattack intensifies in nation's capitalon May 14, 2021
Gas shortages at the pumps are spreading from the […]
- Japan expands virus emergency ahead of Tokyo Olympicson May 14, 2021
Japan is further expanding a coronavirus state of […]
News from Bridge Detroit
- Federal help may be on the way for Detroit’s budding weed industryby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis | Bridge Detroit)
A proposed bill at the federal level would allow banking institutions to accept funds from cannabis-related businesses. So far, it has bipartisan support, and stakeholders say the legislation would create greater access to the industry for budding Detroit entrepreneurs.
- Why a successful lawyer became an advocate for Detroit neighborhood developmentby Louis Aguilar (Louis Aguilar | Bridge Detroit)
The city is majority Black. Real estate development is not. Chase Cantrell has a plan to change that.
- Effort underway to help mothers who can’t afford bailby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis | Bridge Detroit)
Detroiters are supporting #FreeBlackWomxn this Mother’s Day by contributing to the Bail Out Fund. Michigan Liberation and The Advancement Project are shifting views on incarceration by sharing photos and narratives in a new social media campaign while raising funds to send mamas home.
- Detroit to get $440M in federal aid. Now to figure out how to spend it.by Louis Aguilar (Louis Aguilar | Bridge Detroit)
Detroit will soon receive a huge federal check, thanks to the American Rescue Plan. How and what it can be spent on, however, remains unclear.
Latest News One Detroit
- WATCH: COVID313 Community Coalition Virtual Town Hall LiveEach Thursday at noon, join the COVID313 Community Coalition for Families and Students for a Virtual Townhall focused on supporting parents, students, and families during the Coronavirus outbreak.[Read Now]
- Stephen Henderson previews roundtable on police reform and s…
- Lt. Gov. Garlin Gilchrist on Vaccine Access and Vaccine Hesi…Christy McDonald talks with Lt. Governor Garlin Gilchrist about the challenges of vaccine access, addressing vaccination hesitation in the city of Detroit.[Read Now]
- A Program in Detroit Provides Urgently Needed Care for Careg…
- Can term limits be fixed? There’s a new idea underfootOne Detroit explains how term limits came to Michigan, just one of fifteen states that has them, and some of the problems attributed to the restrictions.[Read Now]