- California Program Offers Support, Connection for Those Tending to Ill Family Members
- Solutions Journalism: Finding Emotional Support for CaregiversBy Deanna Dewberry “This story was produced […]
- Rochester Democrat & Chronicle | Biden’s $400B Plan to Overhaul Home Care is ‘More of a Repair Effort Than a New Direction’
News from Bridge Detroit
- Detroiters now have access to state-of-the-art early childhood centerby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis | Bridge Detroit)
The new, state-of-the-art Marygrove Early Education Center has opened for local families, but child-care workers and advocates say there is still work to do.
- Deadline to avoid penalty for driving without insurance is Dec. 31by Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman | Bridge Detroit)
Mayor Mike Duggan urged Detroit drivers who don’t have auto insurance to get coverage by the end of the year — or risk paying a whole lot more.
- Detroiters insurance costs increase as FEMA ups city’s flood riskby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis | Bridge Detroit)
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has determined parts of the city as “high flood risk,” which will require some residents — who are still paying for damage from previous floods — to purchase insurance.
- Here are 3 Detroit businesses to support this holiday seasonby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman | Bridge Detroit)
Black Friday and Small Business Saturday kick off the beginning of the holiday shopping season. Here are a few Detroit-based businesses to support and other resources to help you shop locally.
Latest News One Detroit
- University of Michigan Choir Performs “Considering Matthew S…One Detroit’s Zosette Guir sits down with University of Michigan Chamber Choir Conductor Eugene Rogers to discuss the choir’s recent performance of the oratorio “Considering Matthew Shepard.” Matthew Shepard was a 19-year-old gay college student attending the University of Wyoming who was brutally murdered. The choir’s performance displays a musical response to Shepard’s death, the hate crime, and his legacy.[Read Now]
- Holiday Time Capsule: Detroit Historical Museum Features Hud…The Detroit Historical Museum takes Detroiters back in time to the magic of shopping at Hudson’s Department Store downtown during the holidays with its Hudson’s Holidays exhibit, open through Jan. 30. From toys, to decorations and architectural pieces, the exhibition takes place all throughout the museum with 11 different pop up displays.[Read Now]
- How Expensive is Being Broke?How expensive is it to be broke? One Detroit’s Will Glover looks into the issue and talks with experts working to lift people out of poverty, as well as those experiencing the added costs of low wages themselves, to learn how better pay can push some farther away from the financial assistance they need.[Read Now]
- Interlochen Celebrates 30 Years of Growth, DiversityThe Interlochen Center for the Arts hosts more than a dozen performances to celebrate the organization’s growth from a summer music program to a global arts and education institution. One Detroit’s Christy McDonalds talks with Interlochen President Trey Devey to discover how completing a 30-year campus master plan has helped the organization evolve.[Read Now]
- 12/02/21: One Detroit – Social Safety Nets / Interloch…On this episode of One Detroit: Will Glover explores how COVID-19 has impact social safety net programs and those living in poverty. Christy McDonalds learns about Interlochen's 30 years of evolution and expansion. Contributor Nolan Finley hears how small businesses across the state are coping with various challenges. Plus, a look into two initiatives that are helping foster positive conversations about Black men. [Read Now]
- Bob Dole to lie in state at Capitol as nation honors senatoron December 6, 2021
Dole died Sunday at the age of 98. He was a […]
- Justice Department sues Texas over new redistricting mapson December 6, 2021
The maps passed by Texas' Republican-dominated […]
- Fearing misuse, Israel tightens supervision of cyber exportson December 6, 2021
Israel's Defense Ministry says it is tightening […]
- U.S. plans diplomatic boycott of Beijing Winter Olympicson December 6, 2021
The White House says the U.S. will stage a […]