News From One Detroit
There are no upcoming events at this time
- Oil companies pledge at COP28 to slash methane pollution, but critics call it a 'smokescreen'on December 2, 2023
Fifty oil companies representing nearly half of […]
- Israeli offensive turns to southern Gaza as hopes of reviving truce dwindleon December 2, 2023
Hopes for a renewed cease-fire in Gaza any time […]
- News Wrap: U.S. at COP28 commits to tripling renewable energy production by 2030on December 2, 2023
In our news wrap Saturday, Vice President Harris […]
News from Bridge Detroit
- Two members of reparations task force resign within first yearby Malachi Barrett and Orlando Bailey (Orlando Bailey, Author at BridgeDetroit)
There are three vacancies on Detroit’s first reparations committee after one member died and two others resigned.
- Art behind bars: U-M program is changing lives of Michigan inmatesby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Artwork from current and former inmates is on display through Sunday in the Free Your Mind: Art and Incarceration in Michigan exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art Detroit.
- With a new director coming soon, what’s the state of DDOT?by Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit Department of Transportation leader Mikel Oglesby is leaving at the close of October, prompting some advocates and union officials to worry about DDOT’s future. Oglesby and city leaders say plans will stay on track.