Oct 12, 2021
Oct 12, 2021
- Experts, caregivers point to potential solutions at inaugural forum
- Challenges of Caregiving: An Evening of SolutionsWhether they are paid workers or family members, people who provide care for older adults face numerous challenges, from physical burdens and economic hardships to loneliness and depression. […]
- Bridge Michigan | Bangladeshi community in Michigan reaches out to older adults amid COVID
- A Program in Detroit Provides Urgently Needed Care for CaregiversAs more and more Americans take on the responsibility of caring for an aging family member, not enough caregivers are taking time care for themselves. […]
- Fixing In-home HealthcareOne Detroit's Bill Kubota looks into the critical shortage of home healthcare workers. […]
News from Bridge Detroit
- Is the City right to shut libraries out of federal COVID aid?by Louis Aguilar (Louis Aguilar | Bridge Detroit)
Here’s why Mayor Mike Duggan says it can’t give the city’s public libraries any of the $826 million in American Rescue Plan Act funding Detroit will receive. But some aren’t so sure he’s right.
- Belle Isle Nature Center undergoing $2 million renovationby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis | Bridge Detroit)
Programs and services at the state-run park are expected to increase in Detroit. Park leaders say they continue to prioritize increasing Detroiters’ access to educational, environmental and natural experiences.
- How Detroit has spent American Rescue Plan Act funding so farby Louis Aguilar (Louis Aguilar | Bridge Detroit)
Here’s an update on how Detroit is spending a historic amount of $826 million in federal funding aimed at combating poverty and easing the financial strain of the pandemic.
- What Detroiters need to know about COVID boosters, third doses shotsby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman | Bridge Detroit)
Many Detroiters have an important choice when it comes to efforts to update COVID-19 vaccinations, and the City’s chief medical officer is determined to help sort things out for residents.
Latest News One Detroit
- COVID313 Talk: What Happens If You Get Exposed to COVID-19 o…
- Student Reporters Share Their Concerns About School This Yea…We checked in with our local students who are part of the PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs and asked what they find most worrying about going back to school in-person.[Read Now]
- Afghan Refugee Resettlement: What it Means for MichiganOne Detroit contributor, Nolan Finley, spoke with Steve Tobocman of Global Detroit, an organization that focuses on immigrant inclusive strategies.[Read Now]
- WATCH: COVID313 Community Coalition Virtual Town Hall LiveEach Thursday at noon, join the COVID313 Community Coalition for Families and Students for a Virtual Townhall focused on supporting parents, students, and families during the Coronavirus outbreak.[Read Now]
- Detroit Public School Community District’s Reopening P…Detroit Public Schools has headed back to school and it comes as the country is seeing a spike in Covid cases.[Read Now]
- Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad, the man who made a deal with the Taliban, out as as U.S. special representative to Afghanistanon October 19, 2021
An official said Khalilzad was not fired, […]
- WATCH: Blinken meets with IAEA chief for talks on Iran nuclear activitieson October 19, 2021
The IAEA plays a key role in monitoring Iran's […]
- McCartney, Swift to induct new members into Rock Hallon October 18, 2021
Paul McCartney and Taylor Swift will induct […]
- News Wrap: Jury selection begins in Ahmaud Arbery trialon October 18, 2021
In our news wrap Monday, jury selection began in […]