Latest News One Detroit
- $60 Million Tax Abatement Narrowly Approved by Detroit City …One Detroit Senior Producer Bill Kubota talks with BridgeDetroit’s Malachi Barrett about the $60 million tax abatement Detroit City Council narrowly approved, in a 5-4 vote, for Dan Gilbert’s Bedrock Detroit development at the former Hudson’s Department Store site downtown. [Read Now]
- Republican Nominee for Governor, Congressional, and State Le…The results are in. After the 2022 Michigan primary election, One Detroit contributor Nolan Finley and Deadline Detroit’s Greg Bowens sit down to discuss the results of the hotly contested governor, congressional and state legislative races across the state and what the results could mean for November.[Read Now]
- Ebiara Fund Breaks Down Barriers for Minority Real Estate De…A new fund, the Ebiara Fund, created by the Detroit-based economic growth nonprofit Invest Detroit, in partnership with URGE Imprint and with funding from The Kresge Foundation, will provide early-stage capital and process resources to minority-owned development firms working to grow and strengthen Detroit's neighborhoods.[Read Now]
- Keeping Commitments? The State of Diversity, Equity, Inclusi…"American Black Journal" host Stephen Henderson sits down with The LEE Group President Mark S. Lee and Nikki Pardo, from Global Alliance Solutions, for a candid conversation on the state of DEI efforts in the workplace at corporations across America and the status of new Chief Diversity Officer positions that were created. Plus, Henderson examines the amount of resources that have been allocated to DEI efforts and how they compare to the commitments made two years prior.[Read Now]
- African World Festival Celebrates 39th Anniversary With Retu…The Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History's 39th annual African World Festival celebrates its 39th anniversary with a return to the location where the festival got started: Detroit's Hart Plaza. One Detroit contributing producer AJ Walker takes viewers to Hart Plaza on Detroit's riverfront for a look at how the 39th annual African World Festival played out in 2022. [Read Now]
- Bridge Michigan | As Pandemic Wanes, Michigan Confronts Toll of Isolation on Homebound SeniorsAs COVID-19 wanes, state agencies are finding creative methods to help Michigan homebound seniors cope with the toll of isolation brought on by the pandemic. […]
- WXXI News | More Youths Are Becoming Home Caregivers. Experts Say They Need More Help and Support
- Detroit Free Press | Scaled-Back Social Services Bill Could Still Be Vital to Michigan Home Care Workers
News from Bridge Detroit
- Detroiters want more sensitivity as MSP reforms policing practicesby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
MSP is holding engagement sessions in Detroit in response to a study that found Black motorists are more likely to be pulled over, searched and arrested.
- City wants to pay Black Lives Matter protesters close to $1.3Mby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
The City Council on Tuesday unanimously approved payout offers to be extended by the Detroit Law Department in five separate lawsuits alleging police violence in George Floyd protests.
- DPD complaint investigators vow ‘more efficient’ process to solve backlogby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
The Office of the Chief Investigator is updating processes with the hope of clearing hundreds of backed up complaints by the end of the year.
- Know your options. Affordable internet in Detroitby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
A rundown of programs offered by the federal government and local internet service providers and who is eligible.
- 1st grain ship to leave Ukraine delayed before reaching Lebanonon August 7, 2022
The scheduled arrival Sunday of the first grain […]
- Democrats' climate, health and tax bill clears initial Senate hurdleon August 7, 2022
A divided Senate voted Saturday to start debating […]
- Roads remain closed after record-breaking rains flood Death Valley National Parkon August 6, 2022
Hundreds of hotel guests trapped by flash […]
- News Wrap: Indiana passes new law banning nearly all abortionson August 6, 2022
In our news wrap Saturday, Indiana has passed new […]