Oct 22, 2021
News from Bridge Detroit
- Jamon Jordan, Detroit’s unofficial historian, is now its official oneby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman | Bridge Detroit)
The City of Detroit now has an official historian, and he says there are five essential facts everyone should know about one of the world’s most influential cities. Here they are.
- More jobs, salaries going up — but not for many Detroitersby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis | Bridge Detroit)
Although Detroit’s jobs outlook is improving, city residents are still struggling for a foothold. Suburban counterparts earn more and vast inequity remains.
- From reparations to ‘shrooms, here’s a look at Nov. 2 ballot issuesby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis | Bridge Detroit)
Detroiters will vote on ordinances regarding possession of psychedelics, citizen input in City appropriations and the construction of a reparations taskforce on Nov. 2.
- Detroit’s home repair crisis is even bigger than experts thoughtby Louis Aguilar (Louis Aguilar | Bridge Detroit)
More than 1 in 10 Detroit households need major home repair, a new report from the University of Michigan finds.
Latest News One Detroit
- WATCH: COVID313 Community Coalition Virtual Town Hall LiveEach Thursday at noon, join the COVID313 Community Coalition for Families and Students for a Virtual Townhall focused on supporting parents, students, and families during the Coronavirus outbreak.[Read Now]
- COVID313 Talk: What Happens If You Get Exposed to COVID-19 o…
- Student Reporters Share Their Concerns About School This Yea…We checked in with our local students who are part of the PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs and asked what they find most worrying about going back to school in-person.[Read Now]
- Afghan Refugee Resettlement: What it Means for MichiganOne Detroit contributor, Nolan Finley, spoke with Steve Tobocman of Global Detroit, an organization that focuses on immigrant inclusive strategies.[Read Now]
- Detroit Public School Community District’s Reopening P…Detroit Public Schools has headed back to school and it comes as the country is seeing a spike in Covid cases.[Read Now]
- How door-to-door vaccine delivery could help close the gapon October 28, 2021
"It's not as efficient as a mass vaccination […]
- Why Congress is looking closely at the Jan. 6 rallyon October 28, 2021
The House panel investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol […]
- How live ammo got on set still a mystery in Baldwin shootingon October 28, 2021
Accounts and images from court documents, […]
- Paid family leave falls out of Biden bill as tempers riseon October 28, 2021
Top Democrats signaled a deal is within reach on […]