Stephen Henderson, the host of American Black Journal, recorded this special message to thank you for participating in the survey and providing an email address to receive exclusive updates from the ABJ team. We look forward to keeping in touch!
News From Around Detroit
- Meet Detroit’s other ‘people mover,’ Michael Cunningham IIby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Cunningham has spent a decade advocating for transit justice in Detroit, but that isn’t his biggest fight. He’s also encountered homelessness, incarceration and mental health challenges.
- Detroit police board selects candidates for secretary, chief investigatorby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BOPC picked Victoria Shah, who formerly ran for a seat on the commission, and Jerome Warfield Sr., a west side pastor and an ex-chair of the board.
- Building Black wealth and opportunity with intentionby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
This year will mark the 60th anniversary of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his seminal ‘I Have a Dream’ speech.
- Working for a better Detroitby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit contributor Olivia Lewis reflects on our transition to in-person engagement, policing, inclusive development and the will of Detroit’s voters.
- A point of gratitudeby Orlando Bailey (Orlando Bailey, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit’s Orlando Bailey reflects on our newsroom engagement in 2022 and plans to build continued community connection next year.
- New Arkansas law restricts school bathroom use by transgender people
Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders has signed a new law prohibiting transgender people at public schools from using the restroom of their choice.
- What made Beethoven ill? DNA tests on his hair offers clues
Scientists have pulled DNA from Ludwig van Beethoven's hair to look for clues about his many health problems and hearing loss.
- 25 injured as ship disloges, tips while dry-docked in Scotland
Emergency workers say 25 people have been injured after a large ship in a dry dock in Scotland tipped over.