Stephen Henderson, the host of American Black Journal, recorded this special message to thank you for participating in the survey and providing an email address to receive exclusive updates from the ABJ team. We look forward to keeping in touch!
News From Around Detroit
- Whitmer: Michigan will vet labor, environmental compliance of firms bidding on state jobsby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Gov. Whitmer said payroll fraud has been a growing problem since Michigan eliminated its prevailing wage law in 2018.
- Ann Arbor's FoolMoon festival brings out art installations, luminaries, light up costumesby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Ann Arbor lights up during the annual FoolMoon festival as locals get creative with luminaries and light up costumes.
- Meijer's new Detroit store includes Mudgie's Deli, Great Lakes Coffee shopby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
Meijer is giving a peek at what awaits customers at its new Rivertown Market in Detroit, while also announcing who will lead and oversee the store.
- First Communion is much different this year for metro Detroit Catholic families, churchesby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
From virtual retreats to catechism classes on Zoom, this First Communion season is marked by big changes because of the pandemic.
- Top 10 Cares kicks off food distribution to people in need, plans to help more Thursdayby Detroit Free Press (GANNETT Syndication Service)
On Thursday, the Detroit Free Press/Metro Detroit Chevy Dealers Top 10 Cares initiative will hand out free meals at Inkster's Womack Temple.
- LinkedIn adds 'stay-at-home parent' to online resumes -- why experts say that matters
The networking site is adding titles so people can denote caregiving responsibilities. Experts say employers should consider these skills when recruiting.
- WATCH LIVE: Jen Psaki holds White House news briefing
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki will hold a news briefing on Thursday, April 15.
- Biden's poll numbers on the economy rival Trump's for the first time
To jumpstart the economy, the Biden administration unveiled the American Jobs Plan, which a majority of Americans support, according to the latest PBS NewsHour/NPR/Marist poll.