Tag: ford field
AAPI Coverage from Across Southeast Michigan
As the United States continues its battle against COVID-19 pandemic, it is also battling other social pandemics including a rise in hate crimes against Asian Americans. The nonprofit organization Stop AAPI Hate has reported over 10,000 hate incidents over the past year. One Detroit has been covering the responses and stories of the Asian American and Pacific Islander community in Southeast Michigan. You can find more of our local coverage below as well as links to our joint storytelling project, AAPI Story Series, with WDET.
AAPI STORY SERIES:
News From Around Detroit
- Electric buses start rolling in Detroitby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
The four buses are expected to be used on DDOT routes throughout the city and won’t result in higher fares for riders.
- Lawsuit could revoke measures to create equity in recreational pot marketby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit’s recreational marijuana ordinance was shaped to carve out ownership in the pot market for Black and Brown residents but a new lawsuit could unravel that effort.
- Detroiters say housing, public transit options in short supply at first BridgeDetroit town hallby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit and Detroit is Different held the first of eight community town halls to gather input from residents about the issues they face in northwest Detroit. The information will be used to shape reporting.
- Asphalt plant still can’t be built in Detroit because of pollution worriesby Jena Brooker and Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Grandmont-Rosedale residents came together to oppose an asphalt plant in their residential community – again.
- Detroit cops to deploy more cameras to ID vehiclesby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
The technology will enable crime center analysts to search by geographic area and by the make, model and body style of vehicles as well as the presence of racks or bumper stickers and vehicle history.
- Sen. John Boozman clinches Republican nomination in Arkansas
Boozman on Tuesday defeated three rivals in the state's GOP primary after relying heavily on his endorsement from Donald Trump and the state's top GOP figures.
- Chris Jones wins Democratic primary for Arkansas governor, facing Trump's press secretary
Jones defeated four rivals in Tuesday's primary, winning the majority needed to claim the nomination without a runoff. He'll face Republican Sarah Sanders and Libertarian nominee Ricky Dale Harrington in the November election.
- Trump press secretary Sarah Sanders wins GOP Arkansas governor primary
Former White House press secretary Sarah Sanders has won the Republican nomination for governor in Arkansas. Sanders defeated former talk radio host Doc Washburn in Tuesday's Republican primary.