Interviews from the 2019 Mackinac Policy Conference.
- Poll shows Michigan taxpayers willing to pay for children’s educationby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis | Bridge Detroit)
Support for education was a leading topic on the first day of the 2021 Mackinac Policy Conference. A recent poll supported by the Skillman Foundation shows Michiganders are willing to pay more in taxes for their children’s education.
- Preliminary investigation: GLWA not at fault for metro Detroit floodsby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis | Bridge Detroit)
Great Lakes Water Authority officials say they aren’t at fault for the floods that have plagued Detroit and some suburbs this summer, but they’re updating procedures anyway.
- Bus riders fearful as DDOT looks to cut routesby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman | Bridge Detroit)
Detroit officials say reducing bus service will make transportation more reliable. Residents and transit advocates say they want more service, not less.
- Fact-checking James Craig’s campaign launch speechby Louis Aguilar (Louis Aguilar | Bridge Detroit)
Former Detroit Police Chief James Craig formally launched his run for governor while touting an unfounded charge about “paid” protesters disrupting his event and by endorsing a costly, divisive audit of elections.
- Here’s your chance to help Detroit weather climate changeby Louis Aguilar (Louis Aguilar | Bridge Detroit)
The City of Detroit is seeking residents’ input to shape its climate change policy in neighborhoods.