Join Kennedy as she takes a tour of Hindu Temple of Canton to learn more about Hinduism, the 3rd largest religion in the world.Read More
Author: Zosette Guir
Apr 4, 2022
Join Maria as she learns more about Islam at the Muslim Unity Center in Bloomfield Township.Read More
Feb 28, 2022
One Detroit’s Will Glover sat down with Ken Quattro for a conversation about his book “Invisible Men: The Trailblazing Black Artists of Comic Books,” which takes a candid look at the history of the comic book industry and the racial disparity embedded into its story. “Invisible Men,” Quattro says, tell the story of the human experience and the resilience of the human spirit.Read More
Feb 28, 2022
Detroit’s Queen of the Blues Thornetta Davis sits down with One Detroit’s Christy McDonald to talk about the challenges that many musicians, like herself, have had to navigate for the first time through the pandemic. Plus, she shares how it felt to work with iconic artists Gladys Knight, Bob Segar and Etta James, as well as record a song, “I Am America,” with actor and singer Jeff Daniels.Read More
Jan 24, 2022
Will Glover talks with Heidelberg Project president Jenenne Whitfield about how it has grown into an internationally recognized destination for community engaging art installations.Read More
Jan 13, 2022
Each Thursday at noon, join the COVID313 Community Coalition for Families and Students for a Virtual Townhall focused on supporting parents, students, and families during the Coronavirus outbreak.Read More
News From Around Detroit
- Building Black wealth and opportunity with intentionby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
This year will mark the 60th anniversary of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his seminal ‘I Have a Dream’ speech.
- Working for a better Detroitby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit contributor Olivia Lewis reflects on our transition to in-person engagement, policing, inclusive development and the will of Detroit’s voters.
- A point of gratitudeby Orlando Bailey (Orlando Bailey, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit’s Orlando Bailey reflects on our newsroom engagement in 2022 and plans to build continued community connection next year.
- Detroit’s 2022 topics: Tax justice, land use and gun violenceby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit contributor Bryce Huffman weighs in on some of his most memorable coverage of the year, and shares plans for his future.
- Replacement paratransit vendor unlikely before 2023 service cutsby Bryce Huffman and Malachi Barrett (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Some council members would convene a December session to vote on a new contract, but Mike Duggan’s administration said the bidding process will have to reopen next year.
- West Bank Palestinian community faces removal as far-right Israel vows expansion
The long-running dispute over the West Bank Bedouin community of Khan al-Ahmar has resurfaced this week as a focus of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Interest rate boosted again by quarter-point as Fed signals more hikes to combat inflation
The central bank's latest move put its benchmark short-term rate in a range of 4.5 percent to 4.75 percent, its highest level in about 15 years.
- Eagles backup lineman indicted for rape
Josh Sills, a backup offensive lineman for the NFC Champion Philadelphia Eagles, has been indicted on rape and kidnapping charges that stem from an incident in Ohio just over three years ago, authorities said Wednesday.