Join Kennedy as she takes a tour of Hindu Temple of Canton to learn more about Hinduism, the 3rd largest religion in the world.Read More
Author: Zosette Guir
Apr 4, 2022
Join Maria as she learns more about Islam at the Muslim Unity Center in Bloomfield Township.Read More
Feb 28, 2022
One Detroit’s Will Glover sat down with Ken Quattro for a conversation about his book “Invisible Men: The Trailblazing Black Artists of Comic Books,” which takes a candid look at the history of the comic book industry and the racial disparity embedded into its story. “Invisible Men,” Quattro says, tell the story of the human experience and the resilience of the human spirit.Read More
Feb 28, 2022
Detroit’s Queen of the Blues Thornetta Davis sits down with One Detroit’s Christy McDonald to talk about the challenges that many musicians, like herself, have had to navigate for the first time through the pandemic. Plus, she shares how it felt to work with iconic artists Gladys Knight, Bob Segar and Etta James, as well as record a song, “I Am America,” with actor and singer Jeff Daniels.Read More
Jan 24, 2022
Will Glover talks with Heidelberg Project president Jenenne Whitfield about how it has grown into an internationally recognized destination for community engaging art installations.Read More
Jan 13, 2022
Each Thursday at noon, join the COVID313 Community Coalition for Families and Students for a Virtual Townhall focused on supporting parents, students, and families during the Coronavirus outbreak.Read More
News From Around Detroit
- Here’s what Detroit’s police chief is doing in the neighborhoodsby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Police Chief James White is walking a mile in city communities each week. Listen to find out where and why.
- Detroit has plenty of land. Do residents have equal access?by Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Discussions are ramping up over strategies to best serve Detroit and ensure long-time residents have a stake in ownership, vision for vacant land.
- Detroit leaders urge action on gun violence to ‘bring relief to our babies’by Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit has seen nine mass shootings this year alone and heightened frustrations among residents fearful of public spaces or leaving their homes.
- Nonprofit develops award for Black leaders advancing racial justiceby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Three “trailblazers” in Michigan will be honored, with the top prize being $10,000 in grant money. Two other awardees will get $2,500.
- Detroit embarks on new planning study for Joe Louis Greenwayby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Two-year study to evaluate economic impact, land use and policies to beautify future and existing developments along the greenway route.
- WATCH LIVE: Biden delivers remarks at first U.S.-Pacific Island country summit
The White House has unveiled a Pacific strategy designed to bolster U.S. engagement with more than a dozen island nations on issues including climate change and maritime security.
- UK's Prime Minister Liz Truss defends economic plan that sent pound tumbling
British Prime Minister Liz Truss has defended her economic plan that roiled financial markets, saying she's willing to make "difficult decisions" to get the economy growing.
- Conservative activist Virginia Thomas appears for interview with Jan. 6 panel
Conservative activist Virginia "Ginni" Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, has appeared for a voluntary interview with the House panel investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection.