Detroit’s Islandview community welcomes musicians and singers seeking spaces to perform new and familiar sounds.Read More
Author: Robert Tompkins
Apr 3, 2019
On a Sunday in March, Angel’s Kitchen held its grand opening in the Fellowship Hall at the Church of the Messiah. Angel is a master in the kitchen, who had hoped one day to be able to start her own culinary enterprise – and to also compete on “MasterChef Junior” under the tutelage of Gordon Ramsay.Read More
News From Around Detroit
- Detroit using community partners, vaccines to combat monkeypoxby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Unlike COVID-19, Detroit health officials haven’t seen any signs of vaccine hesitancy.
- DDOT is upgrading its aging bus fleet, recruiting driversby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit’s 28 new coaches come with improved amenities for riders, including better bicycle racks and USB chargers under each seat.
- Detroit teen’s family demands justice one year after he was killed by policeby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Family of teen seeking $20M in wrongful death suit, demand officers involved in shooting death be punished.
- Detroit’s queer advocates worry about monkeypox – and messagingby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Public health officials and LGBTQ advocates in Detroit are monitoring messaging about the monkeypox virus which is mostly infecting gay men but should be a concern for everyone.
- Detroiters don’t have to wait to be heard at BOPC meetingsby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit Board of Police Commissioners change meeting format to address resident concerns over an often long wait to provide public comment
- Iraq's Supreme Judicial Council says it has no powers to dissolve parliament
Iraq's top judicial body said Sunday it doesn't have the authority to dissolve the country's parliament, days after an influential Shiite cleric gave it one week to dismiss the legislature so that new elections can be held.
- News Wrap: Trump's lawyer told DOJ classified documents had been returned
In our news wrap Saturday, a Trump attorney told the Justice Department that all classified documents had been returned, the Southern Baptist Convention's handling of sexual abuse claims is under investigation, Salman Rushdie's alleged attacker is charged with attempted murder, Sen. Sinema's campaign donations from Wall Street come under scrutiny, and Italy's largest lake drops near historic lows.
- Attack on Salman Rushdie was 'preplanned,' prosecutor says
The man accused in the stabbing attack on Salman Rushdie pleaded not guilty Saturday to attempted murder and assault charges in what a prosecutor called a "preplanned" crime.