News From Around Detroit
- Meet Detroit’s other ‘people mover,’ Michael Cunningham IIby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Cunningham has spent a decade advocating for transit justice in Detroit, but that isn’t his biggest fight. He’s also encountered homelessness, incarceration and mental health challenges.
- Detroit police board selects candidates for secretary, chief investigatorby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BOPC picked Victoria Shah, who formerly ran for a seat on the commission, and Jerome Warfield Sr., a west side pastor and an ex-chair of the board.
- Building Black wealth and opportunity with intentionby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
This year will mark the 60th anniversary of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his seminal ‘I Have a Dream’ speech.
- Working for a better Detroitby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit contributor Olivia Lewis reflects on our transition to in-person engagement, policing, inclusive development and the will of Detroit’s voters.
- A point of gratitudeby Orlando Bailey (Orlando Bailey, Author at BridgeDetroit)
BridgeDetroit’s Orlando Bailey reflects on our newsroom engagement in 2022 and plans to build continued community connection next year.
- WATCH LIVE: TikTok CEO testifies before House committee over security concerns, connection to China
TikTok is ramping up a public relations campaign to fend off the possibility of a nationwide ban by the Biden administration. And it's bringing some unconventional advocates to help: online influencers.
- Trump lawyer ordered to turn over Mar-a-Lago case documents
A federal appeals court in a sealed order has directed a lawyer for Donald Trump to turn over to prosecutors documents in the investigation into the former president's retention of classified records at his Florida estate.
- Student shoots 2 administrators at Denver high school, police say
Authorities say a 17-year-old student shot and wounded two school administrators after a handgun was found during a daily search of a student at a Denver high school.