Local businesses and organizations are coming together to make sure everyone gets counted in Census 2020. In this interview from the Mackinac Policy Conference, Christy talks with representatives from three local groups that are working to merge resources and efforts: Donna Murray-Brown, CEO of the Michigan Nonprofit Association; Hassan Jaber, executive director of ACCESS; and Nancy Moody, VP of Public Affairs at DTE Energy.
February 13, 2020
February 17, 2020
January 14, 2020
News From Around Detroit
- Detroit mother heals through stories of departed sonby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Constance “Connie” Spight’s book, Dear Brandon: Letters to my Departed Son, was published in February through Archway Publishing.
- Transit options, impacts of pollution top focus in southwest Detroitby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
District 6 residents detailed barriers to transportation and other unfavorable conditions that disrupt their lives during a Tuesday night town hall hosted by BridgeDetroit and Detroit is Different.
- Legacy and opportunity are in abundance on Harper business stripby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Business owners in the area say the corridor is on the “up and up,” despite less attention from the city than they would like.
- District 5 residents want schools, object to ‘imposed’ developmentby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Besides a shortage of schools and rec centers, residents in Detroit’s District 5 say they are defensive about new development because they often feel that it’s done without their input.
- Death of young girl prompts weapons crackdown in violent neighborhoodsby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit police are targeting known violent offenders this week in sections of the city’s east and west side.
- Amid horrors of war, Ukrainians celebrate their country's EU candidacy
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy hailed the decision of EU leaders as vindication for his nation's fight against Russia's aggression.
- UK voters reject Conservatives in two special elections, a blow to Boris Johnson
The contests, triggered by the resignation of Conservatives hit by scandals, offered voters the chance to give their verdict on the prime minister just weeks after 41 percent of his own MPs cast their ballots against him.
- WATCH: Pelosi says Supreme Court abortion decision is 'eviscerating Americans' rights'
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi blasted the Supreme Court's ruling Friday overturning of Roe v. Wade, calling it "an evisceration of Americans' rights" and a "slap in the face of women."