One Detroit Education Virtual Town Hall
What Really Matters in Education
January 28 at 4:30pm ET
With COVID-19, the whipsaw effect of the transition from in-person to virtual learning and back again has become the new normal. How are teachers, parents, and students being effected? What are superintendents’ plans to help students either stay on or get back on track?
Join DPTV in 2021 for this important conversation about the state of education. One Detroit’s Managing Editor and Anchor Christy McDonald will moderate a 1-hour virtual town hall on the state of education in the time of COVID.
Learn about the new Michigan Learning Channel and hear from local students participating in the PBS Newshour Student Reporting Labs, Michigan superintendents, parents, and teachers about how the school year has been going, lessons learned, and plans to move forward in the face of the ongoing pandemic. And you can join the conversation to ask panelists about the pressing questions that are on your mind about the new semester.
- Paul Liabenow, Exec. Director of MEMSPA (Michigan Elementary and Middle School Principals)
- Georgeann Herbert, SVP, Strategy for DPTV
- Dr. Rich Machesky, Superintendent, Troy School District
- Mark Greathead, Superintendent, Woodhaven – Brownstown School District
- Michael DeVault, Superintendent, Macomb ISD
- Dr. Alesia Flye, Chief Academic Officer, Macomb ISD
Featuring interviews with:
- Superintendent Nikolai Vitti, Detroit Public Schools Community District
- Michigan students from the PBS Newshour Student Reporting Labs