Watch MiWeek’s LIVE coverage of the Detroit Regional Chamber’s Mackinac Policy Conference May 30 – June 1, 2018 beginning at 8:30am ET.
Watch – MPC20 Conversations: Respond and Rebuild
November 13, 2020
BridgeDetroit | Duggan: I Outed Name of FBI Informant, But Didn’t Know It Was Confidential
June 1, 2022
Christy McDonald to Step Down as Weekly Anchor of Detroit Public TV’s ‘One Detroit’
December 10, 2021
News From Around Detroit
- New Bargain Block season, same appraisal problemsby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Season three of HGTV’s Bargain Block will be out this summer. But even national airtime can’t bypass Detroit’s homebuying stressors.
- Detroit’s public safety plan for downtown this summerby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Visitors can expect more officers on the streets, rooftops and in police towers, wayfinding signage and additional security screenings at some event spaces.
- Mumford grad prioritizes health in Detroit’s Fitzgerald neighborhoodby Olivia Lewis (Olivia Lewis, Author at BridgeDetroit)
May is Mental Health Awareness month. Siblings Corina Malone and Corey Williams are inviting Detroiters to free yoga classes on Friday evenings to support healthy habits.
- Detroit police board chair assures ‘transparency’ amid investigations by Christine Ferretti and Orlando Bailey (Orlando Bailey, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Citizen complaint records seized, two staffers on administrative leave amid multiple investigations into Detroit’s Board of Police Commissioners and the Office of the Chief Investigator.
- Meet Detroit’s other ‘people mover,’ Michael Cunningham IIby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Cunningham has spent a decade advocating for transit justice in Detroit, but that isn’t his biggest fight. He’s also encountered homelessness, incarceration and mental health challenges.
- At GOP conventions, Trump to give 1st public speeches since federal indictment
Former President Donald Trump on Saturday is set to make his first public appearances since his federal indictment, speaking to friendly Republican audiences in Georgia and North Carolina as he tries to rally supporters to his defense.
- Ukrainian 'counteroffensive, defensive actions' underway against Russia, Zelenskyy says
President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said Saturday that counteroffensive and defensive actions are underway against Russian forces, asserting that his top commanders are in a "positive" mindset as their troops engaged in intense fighting along the front line.
- Ted Kaczynski, known as the 'Unabomber,' dies in federal prison at 81
Theodore "Ted" Kaczynski, known as the "Unabomber," has died in federal prison, a spokesperson for the Bureau of Prisons told The Associated Press on Saturday.