May 17, 2018
May 30, 2018
June 7, 2018
News From Around Detroit
- Prosecutor won’t charge Detroit officers in Porter Burks’ shooting deathby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy rules Detroit officers acted in self-defense in the 20-year-old Detroit resident’s Oct. 2 shooting death.
- Transit for Detroiters with disabilities at risk after contract rejectedby Bryce Huffman and Malachi Barrett (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit needs to find a new vendor to deliver 70% of its transit services for disabled residents after the City Council votes down a controversial five-year contract.
- Citizen complaint backlog against Detroit police could drag into 2023by Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
The Office of the Chief Investigator is adding eight investigators, but can’t project when the case backlog will be cleared since the interim department chief might be out next month.
- Some bus riders left cold and confused by temporary State Fair transit hubby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Detroit’s makeshift hub is getting more shelters and is expected to be in place for about 18 months as the city constructs a new transit center at the former Michigan State Fairgrounds.
- Detroit families wait-listed for ‘maxed out’ after school programby Bryce Huffman (Bryce Huffman, Author at BridgeDetroit)
Get On And Learn, or GOAL, wants to keep Detroit kids in the city for school and alleviate concerns about a lack of after care, transportation and programming.
- Christine McVie, Fleetwood Mac singer-songwriter, dies at 79
The band announced her death on social media Wednesday, saying "there are no words to describe our sadness at the passing of Christine McVie."
- WATCH LIVE: Garland holds briefing on conviction of Oath Keeper leader for seditious conspiracy
A Washington, D.C., jury found Rhodes guilty of sedition after three days of deliberations in the nearly two-month-long trial that showcased the far-right extremist group's efforts to keep Republican Donald Trump in the White House at all costs.
- French baguette added to U.N. 'intangible cultural heritage' list
UNESCO experts gathering in Morocco this week decided that the staple bread flute deserved U.N. recognition after France's culture ministry warned of a "continuous decline" in the number of traditional bakeries, and the closures of 400 bakeries a year over the past half-century.